Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 03:06 AM   #1
CassieGM
Welcomed New User

***This not NOT an avdertisement or a solicitation, we aren't selling anything, we are just looking for people to play a FREE game with.***

I'm not sure if anyone here plays Lineage 2, but you guys should give it a try. Lineage 2 has come a long way in the last year, 2 more Chronicles have been released and the game is much cooler. For instance, in Lineage 2 you can craft your own items from gathered materials. You can't do that in WoW. There are so many things that EQ, WoW and GW lack so badly compared to L2, including nice graphics. WoW is cartoonish in comparisson. There are also many quests, etc. and many things to do.

I am a GM of a new private server that recently switched from WoW to Lineage 2. Lineage 2 is a lot cooler than WoW and GW, once you play it you will wonder why anyone ever liked WoW. Our private server isn't like the official, we have raised rates conisderably so instead of taking 3-6 months to get a medium level character, you can do it much more quickly. We are not, however, like those private PVP servers where rates are all 1000000X and you can get the highest level in one or two days. We also have usually 4-5 events per week. We have castle sieges where your clan teams up with other clans or if you are big enough attacks a castle on your own to get that castle for your clan. Castle benefits include taxation, special shops, etc. We also have coliseum (3 v 3 team combat) event every Sunday and an Arena survival event every Saturday. We have Dungeon sieges throughout the week and there is always a treasure hunt going where you have to find a special item hidden somewhere and return it to a GM for a prize.
You can download the Lineage 2 program for free from the official site www.lineage2.com

Then you need to go to our server web page http://hav0cl2.webhop.net and download the patch and follow the simple instructions on where to paste the files into the Lineage client and use the custom L2.exe from the system folder to start it up (not the default desktop icon.)

Some cool things about our private server

-No lag, the server is running on dual p4s with over 4 GB of ram. We can handle thousands of players. The connection is extremely fast, most people have pings under 300.
-There are a team of 7 dedicated and reliable GMs who host events, fix bugs and respond to players in-game regularly. GMs are not corrupt, we do not give away stuff or take donations for stuff.
-Our rates are higher than official but not extremely high like many servers where you can get the highest lvl in a few days.
-We allow for Hero Classes(we award the first lvl 80 in each class with hero gear, the other lvl 80s in each class get S grade)
-Pets work(ie: striders and flying wyrms). You can even rent striders and wyrms from the pet shop.
-All speeds are enchanced, fighters have haste skill which X2 their speed and mages have X2 casting speed.
-We have full c3 working and if you get yourself the new c4-test client you can explore the c4 areas on our server due to some mods we have made.
-We are very open to suggestions/feedback/criticism. We have a forum for the server where you can go hang out, do clan stuff, post bugs/suggestions or just chat.
-No need to register, just enter a user name and password and it automatically creates an account the first time you sign on.
-Our custom rates are: 10X experience points, 20X skill points, 15X money, 30X drop rate, 35X spoil rate.
-If you die, you only lose a little XP on our server and very little chance to drop items. Only a 4% chance if you are red from PKing someone.

So, if you are interested, even if you have never tried Lineage before, I invite you to come check it out. I remember how pleasantly surprised I was when I switched from WoW to L2.
Thanks,
-Cassie

***This private server, unlike most private servers, is legal. This is because we are a L2J server that does not use official NCSoft files.***

[ 10-24-2005, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: CassieGM ]
Old 10-24-2005, 04:00 PM   #2
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by CassieGM:
***This not NOT an avdertisement or a solicitation, we aren't selling anything, we are just looking for people to play a FREE game with.***
I'm sorry, how is that entire post NOT an ad?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by CassieGM:

***This private server, unlike most private servers, is legal. This is because we are a L2J server that does not use official NCSoft files.***
So, it's like me modding a WoW server, taking out the "official" blizzard files, and then calling it my own?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

Apparently. By the way, even it if itsn't official files, IT'S STILL THEIR GAME!
Closed Thread