Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 02:14 AM   #11
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Garlic, Garlic and more Garlic. Chase that with a 26'r of rye whiskey. The next morning you'll think you're dying (or wish you were) but by mid afternoon you'll be ready to take on the world. I think the combination of garlic and whiskey pretty much kills everything in the body, but it's worked for me in the past.
As long as I don't have to put the garlic *in* the whiskey ...

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]

[ 05-09-2002, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Pangur Ban ]
Old 05-09-2002, 02:32 AM   #12
Moni

I carry pneumonia in one of my lungs and therefore am very susceptible to having it go full force if I catch a cold.

I've been using these precautions/cures for the last twenty years...I've never had a sore throat for longer than 8-10 hours, I've only had my pneumonia go full force when I've gotten (helplessly) very cold and wet at the same time or when I've slept in cold air...I never catch "colds"...the runny nose, sore throat, couch and earaches kind....here's why...

Fact: Salt kills topical infections...gargle with warm salt water to rid your throat of the infection...you should notice a difference the first gargle if you salt the water heavily enough. Gargle twice or three times a day until your throat feels better (I feel a sore throat coming on, I gargle then and whenever it gets "itchy" afterward....by the next day, I'm fine.

Fact: THYME is a natural expectorant...put it in your soup. This stuff is so good I can't give any to grandpa...he carries pneumonia too but it is more severe and the last two times I've given him my "feel good" soup he's been hospitalized from the massive amounts of phlem that try to escape from his lungs. KHaN and I love the soup. [img]smile.gif[/img] Not saying garlic isn't helpful but if your chest is congested, try some thyme (tastes best in beef soup) and see how you feel afterward! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Use vitamin C tabs to dry up your sinuses and enhance your immune system...taking them regularly will keep your future colds from getting as bad as this one sounds like.

(If you happen to be a whiskey fan, a shot with a few drops of lemon juice and a couple of drops of honey will sooth your throat and help you sleep )

I hope you feel better!

Old 05-09-2002, 03:34 AM   #13
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I carry pneumonia in one of my lungs and therefore am very susceptible to having it go full force if I catch a cold.

I've been using these precautions/cures for the last twenty years...I've never had a sore throat for longer than 8-10 hours, I've only had my pneumonia go full force when I've gotten (helplessly) very cold and wet at the same time or when I've slept in cold air...I never catch "colds"...the runny nose, sore throat, couch and earaches kind....here's why...

Fact: Salt kills topical infections...gargle with warm salt water to rid your throat of the infection...you should notice a difference the first gargle if you salt the water heavily enough. Gargle twice or three times a day until your throat feels better (I feel a sore throat coming on, I gargle then and whenever it gets "itchy" afterward....by the next day, I'm fine.

Fact: THYME is a natural expectorant...put it in your soup. This stuff is so good I can't give any to grandpa...he carries pneumonia too but it is more severe and the last two times I've given him my "feel good" soup he's been hospitalized from the massive amounts of phlem that try to escape from his lungs. KHaN and I love the soup. [img]smile.gif[/img] Not saying garlic isn't helpful but if your chest is congested, try some thyme (tastes best in beef soup) and see how you feel afterward! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Use vitamin C tabs to dry up your sinuses and enhance your immune system...taking them regularly will keep your future colds from getting as bad as this one sounds like.

(If you happen to be a whiskey fan, a shot with a few drops of lemon juice and a couple of drops of honey will sooth your throat and help you sleep )

I hope you feel better!
Thanks for all the info, Moni - I will have to test them out.

( Beef soup with thyme sounds a bit easier on the throat that chicken soup with tabasco -- I think I put too much in !! [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] )

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2002, 04:22 AM   #14
DiabloRex
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

Alternatively, just get blind drunk and you forget you're ill.
I like *that* idea [img]graemlins/drunkass.gif[/img]