Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
MagiK

We are supposed to get ours this afternoon. I really miss my Waterbed, but this seems to be the closest compromise Mysti and I could workout...she is afraid that the waterbed would be too heavy for her floor...and I can barely get any rest on a normal mattress....so this was our solution.....anecdotes desired

Old 05-21-2003, 11:10 AM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
We are supposed to get ours this afternoon. I really miss my Waterbed, but this seems to be the closest compromise Mysti and I could workout...she is afraid that the waterbed would be too heavy for her floor...and I can barely get any rest on a normal mattress....so this was our solution.....anecdotes desired
Have you ever tried a temperform matress? They are great, other then the cost 2k for king bleh
Old 05-21-2003, 01:27 PM   #3
MagiK

Rokenn, it is about the same for the King Select Comfort..it cost a load, but hopefully it will allow me a decent nights sleep.

Edit: Never heard of the Temperform...s that one of those "memory foam" materials?

[ 05-21-2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-21-2003, 04:15 PM   #4
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Rokenn, it is about the same for the King Select Comfort..it cost a load, but hopefully it will allow me a decent nights sleep.

Edit: Never heard of the Temperform...s that one of those "memory foam" materials?
Yes it is. I have the pillow right now and I love it. My gf says it pretty much emlimated my snoring [img]smile.gif[/img]

Maybe next years bonus will get me a new matress, hah.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:27 PM   #5
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My parents got one of those beds a couple years back, and they love it. On those rare occasions when they leave me by myself for more than a day, i sleep in their room lol
Old 05-28-2003, 10:03 AM   #6
MagiK

Well due to some errors and problems with the select comfort people, we finally got our bed yesterday....took us 3 hours to put it together.

My ratings for select comfort the bed and company are as follows:

Comfort of the bed: A+ (almost as good as my water bed and 100 times lighter)
Ease of Assembly: B
Quality of Materials: B+
Service and support: F-

You can't get them to help you remove existing furniture, nor wil they help move the existing mattresses unless you are willing to donate them to the freight guys. They want $80 to put the thing together for you but all they do is put it together, not put it in place. I was under whelmed by the service side of this company.

My first nights sleep....pretty good, (will take a few days experimenting to learn my correct sleep number) it was waaaaay more comfy than the previous bed, but it still has that factory fresh slightly annoying smell to it..Im sure this will go away. Mysticelt must have liked it..couldn't wake her up enough to get my kiss good bye before work

[ 05-28-2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-28-2003, 11:04 AM   #7
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
quote:

Yes it is. I have the pillow right now and I love it. My gf says it pretty much emlimated my snoring [img]smile.gif[/img]

Maybe next years bonus will get me a new matress, hah.
[/QUOTE]It cut down your snoring? Hmm, I'll have to see if I can convince my sweety to try that since his snoring is driving me crazy.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:10 AM   #8
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:It cut down your snoring? Hmm, I'll have to see if I can convince my sweety to try that since his snoring is driving me crazy.
The correct brand name of the one I got was a TemperPedic. If you can not find one local you may want to try Brookstone. When I got mine they had a 30 day return period were you could return it for a full refund if you did not like it. It does take about a week to get used to sleeping on one.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:12 AM   #9
MagiK

According to a famous sleep doctor (yes he is famous he heads the NIH sleep studies dept.) that I know socially, tells me that the only sure fire cure for snoring is to loose weight...some times lots of it [img]smile.gif[/img] . It has to do with loose tissues in your throat....and or a special device with a mask you wear on your face. However proper bedding, pillows and an elevated head end of the bed can all cut down on the snoring.

[ 05-28-2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-28-2003, 11:15 AM   #10
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:

According to a famous sleep doctor (yes he is famous he heads the NIH sleep studies dept.) that I know socially, tells me that the only sure fire cure for snoring is to loose weight...some times lots of it [img]smile.gif[/img] . It has to do with loose tissues in your throat....and or a special device with a mask you wear on your face. However proper bedding, pillows and an elevated head end of the bed can all cut down on the snoring.
I'm guessing it's the bedding since he's not even close to being overweight in any regards.
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Now to convince my sweety to try them.