Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 06:59 PM   #21
Fayree
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found a waterpistol works great too..and it's fun
Old 09-12-2002, 07:03 PM   #22
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Aelia I think you should have Davros move in with you. Lets let his recurring flatulance problem do some good eh?
Old 09-12-2002, 07:05 PM   #23
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Fayree:
I found a waterpistol works great too..and it's fun
We used to use a waterpistol actually to stop her getting up on the kitchen counter. She got so whenever she saw it she'd run away, which seemed to fly in the face of the people who endorse it because cats aren't supposed to know where the water comes from so they don't associate it with you... . But that's only really useful when you catch her doing it or about to, which we didn't.

I'll look for that spray Moni [img]smile.gif[/img] . Only thing is our whole upstairs is carpeted so wouldn't really be practical to do the whole lot... silly cat. She's just plain naughty is what it is
Old 09-12-2002, 07:20 PM   #24
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The 'rubbing the nose in it' does work. When our old Yorkshire Terrier was a puppy, thats how we punished her for going on the carpet. It worked [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cats might not think the same though, so im not sure. They tend to take offences personaly
Old 09-12-2002, 07:24 PM   #25
Moni

No, that rubbing the nose in it is a dog techique, and a pretty mean one at that.

Old 09-12-2002, 07:25 PM   #26
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

When my mom's cat started going places other than the litter box, it turned out that it had to do with a bladder infection. Sometimes the water they drink or food they eat will all of a sudden bother their system. Check with a vet to make sure the problem isn't physical.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:31 PM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Just to be on the safe side, Aelia, you might want to schedule a vet visit for a checkup.

I had a female cat do that after she was a year or so old. She had a mild urinatry tract infection. Not trying to alarm you, but if you want to check all possible reasons she's doing this, it couldn't hurt. And easier to treat a urinary tract infection (if that's what it is) than to train away unwanted behaviour. If it should turn out to be naughtiness alone, I agree with trying to give her treats in the area where she's peeing. It seems most likely to work.

As to the idea of rubbing the nose in it technique - that's not effective with cats. It just ticks them off.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:31 PM   #28
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
No, that rubbing the nose in it is a dog techique, and a pretty mean one at that.
Well Moni thats what my parents did with me and look how well I turned out!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 07:35 PM   #29
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
LMAO @ LoA!!! Uh Davros? Something you need to tell us?

Thanks Ornery, I guess that's possible. It's just that she does have a habit of being difficult with her trays, usually we've been able to cut her off at the pass before now. Would she be off her food with a bladder infection? I remember our poodle had something like that last year and she looked really sick and couldn't eat; Tuppence eats heaps and she seems pretty fit.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:41 PM   #30
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Would she be off her food with a bladder infection? I remember our poodle had something like that last year and she looked really sick and couldn't eat; Tuppence eats heaps and she seems pretty fit.
Not necessarily. It is something you probably want to look into!