Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2004, 07:32 PM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm in the ice cavern on the ice isle(?) and am trying to kill that damn dragon.By the time the dragons dead so are most of my party ,then the rest of the guys keep comming till my whole partys dead!Any tips on fighting these guys.My partys plenty tough level 16 at least.Thanks
Old 04-06-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Difficulty level?

Do you use summons?

Is your best AC lower than -20?

Are you using spells?

Who is in your party?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:03 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

What guys are you talking about?

The fish dudes or the Umber Hulks. I would expect you are talking about the Umber Hulks and the fish heads are all dead. If the Dragon and all the fish dudes are dead here is what you need to do. "Deep Breath and Relax ".

1. Have your entire party head back to the door
2. Heal everybody up becase it ain't over till the gem cracks.
3. Cast a few summons to handle any umber hulks that lumber towards you.
4. Try and save the game (This is your objective for now no matter what difficulty you are on.)
5. After saving take another deep breath and relax.
6. Head towards the other side of the cave killing any creatures that get in the way.
7. You now need to defeat the soul gem. If you are having problems ask again and we will advise. Summons are a great help here to. Summons are your best friends.

Also do you have a cleric or any way to ressurect your guys? It is nice to have everybody left but not necessacary.

[ 04-07-2004, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:03 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

By the way, those baddies will be summoned infinately... so dont wait for them but head immediately towards the gem...
Old 04-08-2004, 07:04 PM   #5
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'll try again later,I've tried a few times and usually lose at least half of my party.Most of the dead are my spell casters so theres no one left to raise the others back.Oh well thanks for the support I'll just keep trying.I've finished this game long ago and reloaded it a while back ,something to do till something better comes along..My kids want me to drop the pc and get another long board and get back to surfing! New pc?or new surf board? tough choice but the surfing is better exercise!