Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2001, 10:53 AM   #121
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Reposting the opening info for those who don't start at the beginning of long threads!

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to the GRAND OPENING of Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

* this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reptuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudy, your hostess

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-21-2001, 11:45 AM   #122
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Actually, I love little hedgehogs! Have a tiny collection of various hedgehogs from my stays in Russia. A set of nested metal ones (ashtrays I think) and a cute stone one. Had a child's inflatable toy hedghog too. *wonders where she put that blow up hedgehog...*

Cloudy

So do I - I have lots of ornamental or toy hedgehogs. However, Lord Raptor doesn't. I would explain why a sentient chicken doesn't like hedgehogs but it's too naughty for this forum :O

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-21-2001, 11:46 AM   #123
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Davros pokes his head around the door and peers inside. Hmmmm purple napkins (shudder), this sounds like the place . Wandering over to the counter he notices the complete absence of Bundy, and a preponderance of warmer beverages.

Ah, there's Cloudy over there in the corner - be there in a sec hon! Quickly he orders a Mochachino from the waitress, and are there any donuts......

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 11:51 AM   #124
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Davros pokes his head around the door and peers inside. Hmmmm purple napkins (shudder), this sounds like the place . Wandering over to the counter he notices the complete absence of Bundy, and a preponderance of warmer beverages.

Ah, there's Cloudy over there in the corner - be there in a sec hon! Quickly he orders a Mochachino from the waitress, and are there any donuts......
*lilting laughter fills the air* Davros! Grab a few EXTRA purple napkins and come tell me what the heck you've been up to lately! Any more traveling plans?

Cloudy, noting that the donut tray has mysteriously appeared on the coffee table by her elbow

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-21-2001, 12:08 PM   #125
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Cloudykins,

Hey, I thought you said there were Donuts over here?? Oh well, my travel plans - OK, there are 7 weeks to go - WOOHOO. The hardest thing is going to be getting used to economy class travel again after being spoilt on the last trip. Hopefully I am going to get a chance to catch up with our favorite coffe snack in London (unless he is hiding in shame from Aussie visitors and their succesful cricket team that is ). I am going to be extensively sampling the English, Scottish and Irish culture (pubs), and I may even play the odd round of golf with my mates.

And just maybe by the time I get back from all that, they may just about be getting around to announcing a publisher for Wizardry 8, but I won't be getting my hopes up too high.

So, tell me "Oh she of the silver lining", how are things with you this fine summer morning? (Davros's eyes slide over to the left, where it looks suspiciously like Cloudy has some donut shaped bulges showing under a hastily arranged jacket).

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 03:16 PM   #126
Conan

As I enter into the right cafe this time, I hang my head low in embarssment and shame realizeing that I interupted decent people form their peace and tranquility while drinking tea or coffee. "sorry for discombobulateing my posts." I say as I try to meet glances with the Storm Queen knowing I have a some splaining to do. I think mybe if I sit by the window and slink down in my chair low enough where it looks like i've melted somebody will feel sorry for me. or if I hold my chest out like a proud peacock all will be forgotten..? OH no here she comes, be cool...."Rasberry tea please" sqeaks out and our eyes meet..seeing a little smile in the corner of her mouth warmth comes over me..my tounge unties with"pretty hot today huh?" "Say if you see RudeDawg tell him sorry for walking in on his date ok.?"

------------------

Old 06-21-2001, 03:48 PM   #127
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

*Grumble* *Grumble*
Is there anything stronger than coffee? Oh what the .... just give me some coffee
*Grumble* *Grumble*

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-21-2001, 03:59 PM   #128
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
"Say if you see RudeDawg tell him sorry for walking in on his date ok.?"
Walking over with a cup balanced in each hand, RudeDawg sits down. His scarred face softens just a bit, and he smiles.

"Raaspberry tea, right? And, which date did you walk in on?"

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 04:30 PM   #129
Conan

The perfect one...my freind, the best one ever. Sipping my tea im thinking to myself how did he get so lucky, and now here I am wondering if some right word would mend the balance in my wifes eyes. She says I am quiet and withdrawn..the flame needs a little gas. how can I tell this to RudeDawg when I am spose to be manly. As our hand shake ends I feel electrcity run of his hand....YES..."I must go for now RudeDawg, ill be back"

------------------
Conan

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 06-21-2001).]

Old 06-21-2001, 04:43 PM   #130
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
The perfect one...my freind, the best one ever. Sipping my tea im thinking to myself how did he get so lucky, and now here I am wondering if some right word would mend the balance in my wifes eyes. She says I am quiet and withdrawn..the flame needs a little gas. how can I tell this to RudeDawg when I am spose to be manly. As our hand shake ends I feel electrcity run of his hand....YES..."I must go for now RudeDawg, ill be back"

"Go forth CONAN!!! Go forth to victory!!"

RudeDawg looks at his hand, and mutters: "One day I will use my powers for GOOD. Nah."

------------------