Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2001, 04:53 PM   #1
MagiK

Ok I have the Serpent key, Ive opened two of the gates to the serpent holds.
the middle gate is still closed...I hit the switch in one of the serpent holds.
I havegone into the underwater tunnel where I had to kill an unholy slime or some such...I cannot proceed down this tunnel however. I seem to be hitting some kind of block though nothing is visible and my guys drown...I have tried everything I can think of to get up into this tunnel...is this where Im supposed to go?

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.
Old 09-01-2001, 04:59 PM   #2
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Yes, you need to go this way to get a serpent idol which will help you later to gather materials for summoning the spirit of the naga. While traversing this tunnel, try to make sure your smallest character (if you have more than one) is highlighted. You may be out of luck if your only character is an Oomphaz or Lizzord.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 05:02 PM   #3
MagiK

Uh-oh...Ill try again..I sure hope I can fit through with a ratling...

------------------
Old 09-01-2001, 05:05 PM   #4
MagiK

Well bummer looks like I hit a show stopper, I can't get through
this tunnel even with a pixie

------------------
Old 09-01-2001, 05:11 PM   #5
MagiK

I figured a way around it I left the temple! Just exited out the way I came in then reentered and tried one last time, with my pixie in the lead.
(I forgot my mage was a pixie) at first it looked like I might get stuck but some monkeys got in my way and while trying to go around them some how they bumpped me up and into the open...hehe yaay...shew

------------------
Old 09-01-2001, 05:31 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats, MagiK!!!

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 11:41 PM   #7
Tananda
Elminster

Glad to hear, that you've made your way to the Serpent Idol - this tunnel is so difficult to pass sometimes!
Good luck in the Temple of the Snake
And do not forget to tell us about your progress, please

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 11:16 AM   #8
MagiK

I didn't see your request for a progress report till just now Tanda
Well after that silly tunnel incident I didn't have too much trouble with the serpent temple. The fights now are really not much of a challenge for me since I am so slow at solving puzzles my characters were all 10th level or better by the time I got here. I managed the puzzles and traps fairly easily by reading everything I could get my hands on in the temple as well as paying excruciating attention to everything that came up in the voiced over descriptions. Had a my priest doing almost continuous cure poisons but other than that it was pretty easy....a lot of these puzzles remind me of things in Wizardry 7, 6 and 1 so with patients they aren't too dificult. I am now in Shuregeon castle...and spent the better part of 2 hours pulling chains but I finally figured that out too ...so now I have to finish the castle....this ought to be fun..its pretty spooky in here...

Oh I guess I should mention I play in turn based mode and not realtime, Im an old guy and don't get into the clickfest thing.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-04-2001).]