Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
Tarlanon
Manshoon

Sunglass Man Happy New Year!!!

Well, hello and Happy New Year! I certainly hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and got some great rest and certainly much earned relaxation over the past month.

As we all know, a new year is upon us. And I hope to see some great things happen this year. Yes, peace on earth would be nice. A truly viable source of alternative energy? Would be wonderful. But keeping my focus on the things we can change....

Manikus...First of all, let me give you my personal thanks and admiration not only from me, but I am sure from the DC community at large. You have been the life's blood of this project for I don't know how many years now, and without your presence and gentle encouragement, this great project might have died long ago. This continued effort alone is deserving of a trophy.

To the DC community, especially the many extraordinarily talented artists among them...All I can say is W-O-W. You are all masters in your fields, and this project is DAMN lucky we have talent like yours to contribute to our base. You have, beyond a doubt, taken something that could have looked juvenile and pedestrian and turned it into something exciting and inspired. There is art produced specifically for that project that rivals that of existing professional developments.

And of course lastly a word of gratitude to the fans. Your quiet support continues to be an inspiration for us all...

I'm hoping 2008 will be a big year for DC. Hopefully my job will have calmed enough for me to devote some more serious time to the project, along with our other developers. Here are some things I hope to see happen in '08 :

- A new release, obviously, but one that fixes ALL of the Priority 9 bugs which provides the most annoyances to the creativity of our extremely talented community.
- A consolidated place where *everyone* can to download the latests mods, art packs, and designs available for DC. Key to this will be somewhere with a) ample storage capacity b) *long* term habitual web address for this site so all designers can link to it without fear of having to update their addresses every two weeks c) decent bandwith allowances d) Free, 'cause we're all poor. e) considered the single most important stop for DC and DC related downloads, similar to the Magic Mirror
- Some exciting new designs (*cough* contest *cough*)
- *cough* DC art update from Ziroc *cough*
- World Peace

Yes...I think '08 is going to be a good year. =)
Old 01-12-2008, 03:42 AM   #2
Uatu
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Default Re: Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year to you, too!

Many thanks to you for helping in the programming part - which is most definitely the "meat" of the DC project! It is also the part that is the most difficult!

We do need to grab more of the FRUA people over here if we can

(World peace would be nice, too...)

My Blog:
http://advanceddantiansanddragons.blogspot.com
Uatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
manikus
Jack Burton

Happy New Year!

And a big thank you to you, Tarlanon. If we didn't have a coder, well there wouldn't be much point.

I kinda forgot about the design contest. I'll get back on that.

For designs, we could always host them on the Official site, though this makes all of them official designs (unless we post a disclaimer).
Old 01-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion

Yes, I still have hope for a version 1.0 of DC and that hope is kept alive by you continuing coding/releases of the DC project.

Thank you Tarlanon
-SilentThief