Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

Ok, ok after seeing shadowhound's topic, it made me think... What stats would be good for an elven ranger, huh? Also it must be legit/real in the game.

Say like:
str-18/75
dex-17
con-16
intl-8
wis-14
chr-8

Huh?

[ 09-11-2004, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Moon-Child_Lman ]
Old 09-11-2004, 12:03 PM   #2
Derfel Cadarn
Dungeon Master

I think that an Elven Ranger would, prolly, have a higher charisma... his str seems a bit too high, IMHO, the rest of it seems quite realistic. Have fun
Old 09-11-2004, 01:08 PM   #3
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

Then what would you say of:
str-13
dex-19
con-17
int-12
wis-14
chr-18
?
Old 09-11-2004, 01:29 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Depends. Is this a solo ranger? If not, Cha probably needs to be around 12... You could probably find a better party spokesperson.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:31 PM   #5
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

depends how your using your ranger.
Do you want to use melee or bow, or both?
Do you want to be stealthy or a tank (light or heavy armour)
are you going to duel wield or sword and shield (if you melee) ?
Old 09-11-2004, 02:37 PM   #6
Derfel Cadarn
Dungeon Master

That is a 93 roll. Pretty high. Regardless, the dex is matchable fer an Elf, the con is cool, the char is tuff. Well, since the str is not overpowered - it's closer to non-powered at all - I'd take 2 pts from charisma and place it in str.. that would do fer a damn nice ranger, IMHO, and perhaps even a quite realistic one... Well, since you'd like to use it realistically, I'd give him a bow, justifying 19 dex, and a 2-handed sword... it strikes me as a regular-ranger-gear, oh and btw, i'd stealth with him... but that's just me, I simply love playing with rangers, and thats is how I usually play'em.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:39 PM   #7
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Depends. Is this a solo ranger? If not, Cha probably needs to be around 12... You could probably find a better party spokesperson.
Yes, well i want to have him as a the strongest/ a good/legit character and also try to solo him.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis :
depends how your using your ranger.
Do you want to use melee or bow, or both?
Do you want to be stealthy or a tank (light or heavy armour)
are you going to duel wield or sword and shield (if you melee) ?
I will mostly use melee, but i will also use a long bow. I want to be stealthy and i'm gonna dual wield 2 hammers.

Quote:
Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn :
That is a 93 roll. Pretty high. Regardless, the dex is matchable fer an Elf, the con is cool, the char is tuff. Well, since the str is not overpowered - it's closer to non-powered at all - I'd take 2 pts from charisma and place it in str.. that would do fer a damn nice ranger, IMHO, and perhaps even a quite realistic one... Well, since you'd like to use it realistically, I'd give him a bow, justifying 19 dex, and a 2-handed sword... it strikes me as a regular-ranger-gear, oh and btw, i'd stealth with him... but that's just me, I simply love playing with rangers, and thats is how I usually play'em.
I know i was very lucky and i stayed a few minutes a kept on rolling the dice and i also love ranger/elves. Actually i don't need strenght cause i SPOILER
use the Crom Faeyr (which gives u 25 strenght) and the Runehammer +5 from ToB, as for the armor i use the White Dragon Scale Armor which is kinda medium armor. And i also have some experience with this ranger thingie (i would like to be know as an expert ), but i also want some diferent opinions on this. I finished SoA 3 times with an Archer(not soloed) and 1 time with a ranger(also not soloed). I never soloed, so i think its about time and thats why i'm asking for diferent opinions...
Old 09-11-2004, 08:05 PM   #8
Peter Parker
User banned for failing to adhere to TOS

Hmm. I roll 108s all the time, guess I'm just lucky, eh?
Peter Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:54 AM   #9
vesselle
Hathor

if that's what you want to call it. *shrugs* i can spend 2 hours rolling and never get over an 82 or 83.

V***V
Old 09-12-2004, 01:35 AM   #10
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

Dunno maybe depends on the version of the game(i also have ToB installed)...