Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 05:20 PM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

okay.
one of our girls has a fighter/thief multi, who has unbelievably, never been killed so she's the oldest and loving it. *lol* but here's the thing. her char is lawful evil (she couldn't make her out and out evil...heh) so we have been hoping to find like "evil only" gear. are we blind?
our mage has a "good only" robe , my fighter/cleric has a "good only" helm and a holy ring, our hammering dwarf has managed to get herself some really icky stuff that lowers charisma to the point that she's CHR 4 and can only grunt to communicate *gack!*(yeh, it IS a man grunting, but we use what we are given, right?)
okay. but there's gotta be some armor/weapons for baddies only, right? or even some thief stuff, like shadow armor, right? if we can find that, we can at least pretend that our evil friend is indeed evil. otherwise, there's no real point in alignment, other than for our own amusement. as it is, the most evil she gets is pouting because she doesn't have anything special. *lol*
we are finishing up the frosties and then going to lower dorn's deep. if anyone has any info or ideas....we would be ever grateful.

------------------

V***V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-09-2001).]
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 05:27 PM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Evil items? hmmm.. Robe of the Evil Argh Magi? oh, no.. that doesn't work for her... the Giving Star? it's a nice mace that heals HP and raises your strength by one on a good hit. (my favorite).. there really aren't many more "evil only" items that i can think of.. maybe a dagger somewhere as well?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 07:49 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Try here. You might find some interesting stuff!

http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewindda...nstruments.php

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 07:54 PM   #4
Bluestar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought that the Smith and Wizard in Kuldahar had some evil items. I must be wrong. If I remember right there were a couple of items in the Severed Hand ( I hope that is the right name, I’m reeealy bad with names), unfortunately, I think that they were random items.

Tell your friend not to pout. If you ladies play HOW then she is going to be kicking butt. Almost all of the cool, powerful weapons are evil aligned. Except for the most power sword in the game.

Bluestar

[This message has been edited by Bluestar (edited 06-09-2001).]
Bluestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 08:25 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

bluestar......
really? evil stuff in how? cool. we are doing a few levels in lower dorn's deep, mostly cuz we are dying to get the stuff to restore severed hand and see what happens when we do that.
then we are taking a trip to lonelywood, and see if we can find this hosttower gang everyone hints about.
calindra is totally happy now that she knows there's gonna be some goodies for her. *lol* thanks!

------------------

V***V
Old 06-09-2001, 10:25 PM   #6
Gaelic
Elminster

You are right though. IWD does not have much in that way. Keep kicking butt, ladies!

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 02:12 AM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
Keep kicking butt, ladies!
*smiles really big at your encouragement*
you should see us! lately *lol* it's like we are the 3 Stoogettes...
we are charmed and confused, or whatever it is that icky old umber hulks do. so, what do we do? beat each other up! its us spellcasters that get it first & worst ~ meaning no dispelling.
so there we go. running in circles doing our darndest to beat the others up, who (not wanting to hurt us) are running the other way, pulling out more umbers from their hidey holes and the line of us and them gets longer and longer!!!!
it's hilarious. in a goofy, pathetic kinda way.
*still laughing*

------------------

V***V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-10-2001).]
Old 06-10-2001, 04:14 AM   #8
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

One kick-ass item for evil characters is the ring of dwarven bone.

+1 strength

not usable by good-aligned chars

It is in Severed Hand, 2nd or 3rd floor.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."

[This message has been edited by Xod (edited 06-10-2001).]
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 04:25 AM   #9
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Xod:
One kick-ass item for evil characters is the ring of dwarven bone.

+1 strength

not usable by good-aligned chars

It is in Severed Hand, 2nd or 3rd floor.

goodie!! when we go back to clean up the Hand, i will ask if we can go looking for it.
*crosses her fingers* please, please, please. like,it's always there, in the same place, right?
it's not one of those prizes that changes from group to group, is it?

------------------

V***V
Old 06-10-2001, 07:14 AM   #10
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
goodie!! when we go back to clean up the Hand, i will ask if we can go looking for it.
*crosses her fingers* please, please, please. like,it's always there, in the same place, right?
it's not one of those prizes that changes from group to group, is it?
Not a random item, no!
You will find it ok.

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote