Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2002, 09:20 AM   #1
Elif Godson
Dracolich

A friend of mine sent this to me and what to know what your thought's might be on this, whether oyu think it is true or not..

Gold Star Mothers is an organization made up of women whose sons were killed in military combat during service in the United States armed forces. Recently a delegation of New York State Gold Star Mothers made a trip to Washington, DC, to discuss various concerns with their elected representatives. According to published reports, there was only one politician who refused to meet with these ladies.

Can you guess which politician that might be?

Was it New York Senator Charles Schumer? Nope, he met with them.

Try again.

Do you know anyone serving in the Senate who has never showed anything but contempt for our military?

Do you happen to know the name of any politician in Washington who's husband once wrote of his loathing for the military?

Now you're getting warm!

You got it!

None other than the Queen herself, Hillary Clinton. She refused repeated requests to meet with the Gold Star Mothers.

Now, please don't tell me you're surprised.

This woman wants to be president of the United States --- and there is a huge percentage of voters who are eager to help her achieve that goal.

Sincerely, Cdr. Hamilton McWhorter USN (ret)

May you sleep in peace always...and please...hug or thank a Veteran for that privilege.

Now, think about this one !!!

Don't forget, our girl, Hillary Rodham Clinton, as a New York Senator, now comes under this fancy Congressional Retirement and Staffing Plan. It's common knowledge that, in order for her to establish NYS residency, they purchased a million+ dollar house in upscale Chappaqua, NY. Makes sense.

Now, they are entitled to Secret Service protection for life. Still makes sense.

Here is where it becomes interesting. The mortgage payments hover at about $10,000 per month. BUT, an extra residency had to be built within the acreage in order to house the Secret Service agents. The Clinton's now charge the Secret Service $10,000 monthly rent for the use of said Secret Service residence and that rent is just about equal to their mortgage payment, meaning that we, the tax payers, are paying the Clinton's mortgage, their transportation, their safety and security, their 12 man staff, and it's all perfectly legal.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:05 AM   #2
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Considering I'm IN the military, and have served FOURTEEN years so far, and have lost relatives to WARS, I NEVER voted for Clinton!!!

And it does NOT surprise me that she didn't show up. I could write PAGES on what I think of her and her husband, but I will not waste space here to do it.

EDIT: The following sentence is based on a military email sent by a member of the GoldStar Mothers to friends in Family Support...

Suffice it to say, YES it is true she has refused to meet with the GoldStar Mothers, and refuses to have anything to do with the military.

But you can bet your bottom dollar, if she is threatened in any way by terrorist or the like, the first ones she will go screaming for help from will be......

YOU GOT IT ........ THE MILITARY.....

Ironic isn't it???

[ 04-26-2002, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]

May the moon always shine upon your face, and your imagination soar to the heavens.... Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:14 AM   #3
fable
Quintesson

It's a hoax. There's a website out there called Break the Chain that's devoted to providing accurate information to end nonsense like this. They reproduce the story your friend gave, and then continue as follows, with links provided:

"Before you put too much clout in NewsMax, consider they also brought us the Gary Condit Biker conspiracy. Newsmax is well-known for its "get it out first, get it right later" approach to the news. They revel in outrageous conspiracies and the believably bizarre.

The truth behind this one is that the Gold Star representatives dropped in on Senator Clinton unannounced, but she was out of the office. One thing led to another and the rumor that the mothers were rebuffed was created.

To make matters worse, NewsMax repeated the misinformation a couple of times in different articles and never printed a correction or retraction. (What can you expect from a "news" service that refers to an American senator as "The Hildebeast?")

The national president of American Gold Star Mothers told TruthOrFiction.com that her office regrets the misunderstanding and would like the rumors to stop as quicKly as possible. Help them out and Break this Chain!"

Here's the link to the website that has the correction: http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/goldstar.html
Old 04-26-2002, 03:24 PM   #4
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Cool, thank's for your input. I personally do not like Hillary
Clinton for reasons of my own. And as for her husband, welllll
he's not a whole heck of a lot better.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:31 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Wow, I never knew you were in the army TAO. Thats really amazing. But yeah, I'm not surprised either.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:39 PM   #6
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

I dont care what fable says...
I think that HC is a stupid B*tch who is going to Burn in Hell...
(I can only hope...)
Old 04-26-2002, 04:02 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Well then, in that caser next time around? Hillary would suck ass being a president, she can't controller her own husband how can we expect her to run the world's most powerfull nation??? Though bush is a real dumbass at some times you can't help but admit that he is making this country strong again...
Old 04-26-2002, 04:07 PM   #8
MagiK

Glad the hoax was cleared up, it is no secret that the Clintons (both of them) do not like or respect the military and they misused the services while they were in office, I do not like to see false accusations being brought to them because just like bad science..it discredits the true and valid points.

Old 04-26-2002, 04:13 PM   #9
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
(I can only hope...)
oh come on sauce,tell us how you really feel about hillary.hehe.
here is an interesting little anecdote about queen hillary.on a trip to new zealand she tells a group that her parents named her after sir edmond hillary in honor of his climbing of everest.the thing is is that she was 5 years old at the time he was making the climb.i guess she figured no one would call her on it.
Quote:
Though bush is a real dumbass at some times you can't help but admit that he is making this country strong again...
/)eathKiller please explain how he is dumb.

[ 04-26-2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: khazadman ]
Old 04-26-2002, 04:19 PM   #10
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
quote:
(I can only hope...)
oh come on sauce,tell us how you really feel about hillary.hehe.
here is an interesting little anecdote about queen hillary.on a trip to new zealand she tells a group that her parents named her after sir edmond hillary in honor of his climbing of everest.the thing is is that she was 5 years old at the time he was making the climb.i guess she figured no one would call her on it.
Quote:
Though bush is a real dumbass at some times you can't help but admit that he is making this country strong again...
/)eathKiller please explain how he is dumb.
[/QUOTE]I think he ment that he disagrees with Bush's political views, and not that he was a "stupid" aka "dumb" person. I have noticed that a lot of the time when people on here don't like a particular view, it is just easier to say the person is a dumbass rather than admit that the other person actually has a legitimate political point.....I admit that Even knowing this I have a hard time on occasion addmitting that my point of view is not the only valid one not that I have an inflated ego or anything

[ 04-26-2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]