Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Has anyone ever tried to pick up/chat up your girlfriend/wife in public?
Yes 47 72.31%
No 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2003, 12:15 PM   #61
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry it's taken so long to reply to this thread. Our cellblock lost computer privilleges after that riot. All I can say is that using self defense in such a situation doesn't work. I think that is an important legal lesson I've learned. I can guarentee that I won't be throwing any guys out of 4th floor windows for chatting up my girlfriend anymore.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:29 PM   #62
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Sorry it's taken so long to reply to this thread. Our cellblock lost computer privilleges after that riot. All I can say is that using self defense in such a situation doesn't work. I think that is an important legal lesson I've learned. I can guarentee that I won't be throwing any guys out of 4th floor windows for chatting up my girlfriend anymore.
[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Uh huh....should I tell your spouse about the gf or will you keep sending the ...uh...lettuce? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

PS: I think 20's are more to my liking....all those dang ones were taking up too much space and really...6 envelopes full was making my mailman complain about the full mailbox.... [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-17-2003, 01:22 PM   #63
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

To Antryg:

Oh, he's my prison bitch, my prison bitch,
he's not like all the rest,
He's made of felt, and runs around,
and sets his hair aflame in jest.
All the guys lust and itch for him,
Our love's oft put to the test.
But he keeps my feet miles above solid ground,
My prison bitch is the best.
[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 06:59 PM   #64
Animal
Gold Dragon

I still say you need to lay a good beating on one of the guys.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:30 AM   #65
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Crimsom, I don't think Memnoch's girlfriend is interested in a relationship with the guys who hit on her, after all she's been traveling and living abroad for a few yrs now but comes back to see HIM not the guys in the bars. [img]smile.gif[/img] She's friendly and beautiful so lots of guys hit on her and Mems was just wondering how other people deal with that sort of thing, because it can get annoying from time to time. Not that his girl was interested in leaving him! I'm quite sure he'd know if that was the case- he's a pretty good communicator and what I know of Taryn, so is she. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well said. Crimsom, maybe you could actually read the thread and then respond nicely...? Calling Taryn a bitch, even if hypothetically, ("dump that bitch") is not really what Memnoch was asking for when he opened this thread, I think. Besides, as Amber said, you can't blame Taryn for the fact that guys try to hit on her. That's akin to the old "she was asking for it, wearing a short skirt like that". As far as I can tell, Taryn very much wants to be with the Genieboy and it's just an issue with other guys flirting with her. I think both of them already KNOW how the other feels, so there's no need for Mem to ask his gf whether she is interested in him. Good argument from Cloudy, they've been apart for quite a while with Taryn being abroad - so I'm sure they can handle themselves.

Anyway, to come back to your question, Mario: my boyfriend works at IKEA and is obviously so gorgeous and sweet that girls will be attracted to him even while he's wearing the obligatory bright yellow IKEA shirt. Or in any case, one of his colleagues recently asked him out, and when he replied he already had a girlfriend, she reddened and said she must have been misinformed. [img]redface.gif[/img] And a while back, one of the customers left a note for him with a phone number that said she found him really attractive and would he give her a call some time so they could go on a date... Since he told me about it straight away, I don't have to tell you we have a healthy attitude to that sort of thing. Or in any case, I just felt amused (and proud) and not very threatened. For him it's usually the same when some idiot wolfwhistles after me in the street - more amused than insecure. Well, sometimes a little annoyed to, but then so am I when for instance someone drives by in his car and honks.

[ 07-18-2003, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 07-18-2003, 06:36 AM   #66
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Memnoch Have A talk with your girl friend, find out weather your the guy she wants or not and if she says she wants to keep you then tell her how it hurts you when she is off spending time with other men in your presents. If she says she isn't shure if she want you or not then dump the bitch. I went through over 150 different women befor I found the right one. At least 20 of them were at one time what I would call stone Fox's and I thought that I couldn't live without them. Then one day I met the right woman and she was and still is beautiful, the best part is she couldn't give a rats ass for any other man.
we have been together now for 26 years and married for 23 & 1/2 years. SO don't stay with the butterfly that has to jump from flower to flower and not care how it hurts you. Life is to short to play games.
Thanks, Crimsom, but you might have missed the point - it doesn't hurt me if she talks to other guys in my presence. Somehow people have started to assume that I'm upset by this - I'm not. There's no crime in just talking to people, after all.

This is where trust comes in. T and I are comfortable in our relationship - I was just curious as to how others felt about the situation if it had happened to them, that's all. And I'm getting some good feedback here - hopefully it helps others who might be struggling to cope with this happening to them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2003, 06:46 AM   #67
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Anyway, to come back to your question, Mario: my boyfriend works at IKEA and is obviously so gorgeous and sweet that girls will be attracted to him even while he's wearing the obligatory bright yellow IKEA shirt. Or in any case, one of his colleagues recently asked him out, and when he replied he already had a girlfriend, she reddened and said she must have been misinformed. [img]redface.gif[/img] And a while back, one of the customers left a note for him with a phone number that said she found him really attractive and would he give her a call some time so they could go on a date... Since he told me about it straight away, I don't have to tell you we have a healthy attitude to that sort of thing. Or in any case, I just felt amused (and proud) and not very threatened. For him it's usually the same when some idiot wolfwhistles after me in the street - more amused than insecure. Well, sometimes a little annoyed to, but then so am I when for instance someone drives by in his car and honks.
Seb in yellow? Damn!! Get the leash out, baby!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Nah, Taryn and I are totally cool with it now. It was only the frequency of it happening that took me by surprise, that's all. Somehow this thread's kind of become a Dear Abby thread about me and my problem. Thanks for bringing it back on topic and sharing your experience, Mel, I'm waiting on others to share theirs too...

Quote:
Well said. Crimsom, maybe you could actually read the thread and then respond nicely...? Calling Taryn a bitch, even if hypothetically, ("dump that bitch") is not really what Memnoch was asking for when he opened this thread, I think.
Thanks for standing up for me, sweetie - I'm not offended by the bitch comment though, I'm sure Crimsom meant well in his own inimitable way. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Takes a lot to offend me as most of you know.

[ 07-18-2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 07-18-2003, 06:58 AM   #68
Melusine
Dracolisk

I know you are unoffendable Genieboy , but *I* didn't like the bitch comment. Even though I don't know Taryn personally, she seems a sweet girl, and I thought the dump that bitch approach was a bit too much. I wouldn't have liked it if someone said the same thing about me to Seb, either.

Anywayyyyyy... Back on topic as you said! And here is a fine on topic example:
Quote:
Seb in yellow? Damn!! Get the leash out, baby!!!
See, I'm totally cool with your shameless drooling over my boyfriend in his cute yellow outfit. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 07:07 AM   #69
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL! I think sometimes people reading the thread just automatically attribute their own feelings on the subject to you, Mario, since you originated it. I did attempt to explain it to Crimsom.... at least Mel noticed it! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Thanks Mel!

Seb's a cutie, Sarah, no question about it! so I can imagine you've gotten used to the notes and ladies asking him to dinner by now. You wouldn't be together this long if it got either of you too upset about it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 07:16 AM   #70
Melusine
Dracolisk

Do you really think so Cloudy? [img]smile.gif[/img] Well obviously I think he's cute too, but nice to hear it from someone else! I'll pass on the compliment.
Just hope he'll not get any airs, what with TWO IW mods considering him cute... LOL LOL!!

BTW, now we're on the relation topic anyway, I've been meaning to ask for a time now Cloudy - do you have any specific plans about the date of the wedding already? [img]smile.gif[/img]