Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2002, 10:32 AM   #1
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

My mom stole my cpu from me the other week and I can't find where she hid it so I can only come to Ironworks during my study halls in school. Now I am limited to when I can talk to you guys, I started to go crazy, its been about 2 weeks since I came on. So I wont be on very much till I find where she hid the cpu, I think she got mad when she found the F I had in history, but she'll get over it.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 02-04-2002, 10:37 AM   #2
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
My mom stole my cpu from me the other week and I can't find where she hid it so I can only come to Ironworks during my study halls in school. Now I am limited to when I can talk to you guys, I started to go crazy, its been about 2 weeks since I came on. So I wont be on very much till I find where she hid the cpu, I think she got mad when she found the F I had in history, but she'll get over it.

She may get over it but will you? History is a very important subject, the debates that wage on these boards prove that every day.
Enjoy school and learn what you can, you will regret it later if you don't.

As for your mom "stealing" your CPU.....well I believe that if you are living in her house then the CPU technicaly belongs to her by law.

On a lighter note Punishments are usually not fatal, just get better grades next time! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2002, 10:40 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hmm, not good.
Well, I hope you find it, or maybe your mom will give it to you if you say that there is alot of people here who can help you with history. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

see ya!
Old 02-04-2002, 10:41 AM   #4
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah thanks, but she did steal it, It was my only laptop, I just got it not to long ago. (I paid for it too)
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 02-04-2002, 10:44 AM   #5
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Wow, web tutors, I wish she'd listen to me though, every time I bring up the cpu, she ignores me. So I can't use it for a month. (therefore, losing my hotmail account, and everything I've worked for in Diablo II expac.) My hotmail account is my only link to most of my old freinds right now so, I'm very depressed at the moment. I hate this new school, and the people are nice and all but the school is so boring. I just can't stand it here. NONE OF MY NEW FREINDS ARE HALF AS GOOD AS MY OLD ONES!!! I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't come back to IW for a while, to make my self alittle calmer.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:47 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Hmm, not good.
Well, I hope you find it, or maybe your mom will give it to you if you say that there is alot of people here who can help you with history. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

see ya!

Good idea Exxon.... If they can all manage to agree on what happened, how and why, then I'm sure they can be LOTS of help.

Otherwise he's going to get at least five different explanations for every historical event.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:48 AM   #7
MagiK

quote:
Yeah thanks, but she did steal it, It was my only laptop, I just got it not to long ago. (I paid for it too)

Oh dude I do know it is a bummer to loose your PC priveledges, but seriously, as long as you live at home, it doesnt matter hwo paid for what. Your clothes, and housing and food and medical and dental and most other expenses are paid by your parents. Untill you are paying for all that stuff on your own, anything you have is at their discretion and is a priveledge not a right. As a minor you are ineligble to own property, vote, smoke, drink or do anything else that requires legal responsibility....it sounds harsh but these are actually a big reason why kids eventually move away from their parents...they want their independance and the rights and responsibilities that go with being adults. lecture lecture blah blah blah hehehe I am sorry though that you may have a hard time getting here, because this is seriously an educational place....well rahter it CAN be on occasion. Most of the people here are well versed on a wide variety of subjects and for the most part are willing to share....good luck!

Old 02-04-2002, 10:52 AM   #8
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah thnks Magik, but I think I really should stop coming to IW for a while till I'm not feeling like I might throw the cpu at the person sitting next to me just cause there not one of my original freinds. I just feel a bit demented lately, you know, like nothing seems to be right and you just want to go back to the way it used to be, I'm pretty sure most of you know what I'm talking about. So I'll end it here. But I will be back on sometime, I promise!
Old 02-04-2002, 10:52 AM   #9
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Good idea Exxon.... If they can all manage to agree on what happened, how and why, then I'm sure they can be LOTS of help.

Otherwise he's going to get at least five different explanations for every historical event.

My my Nebbies [img]smile.gif[/img] how cynical...accurate but cynical [img]smile.gif[/img]

And who says you have to have just ONE perspective on an event? Maybe hearing a multitude of thoughts on it will make you better able to get at what the truth may actually be? Usually the truth isn't on either side of an argument but lies somewhere in the middle.....or so I think!

Old 02-04-2002, 10:54 AM   #10
MagiK

quote:
Yeah thnks Magik, but I think I really should stop coming to IW for a while till I'm not feeling like I might throw the cpu at the person sitting next to me just cause there not one of my original freinds. I just feel a bit demented lately, you know, like nothing seems to be right and you just want to go back to the way it used to be, I'm pretty sure most of you know what I'm talking about. So I'll end it here. But I will be back on sometime, I promise!

Well BD we all have days like that, and adjusting to new situations is always a challenge...time has a way of fixing that though..the key is to find a way to be patient.....but about your HOTMAIL account...cant you access it the way you are accessing IW right now?

I know I would hate to loose my contactlists and stuff just because I couldnt log on for a month.