Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2001, 12:34 AM   #1
Jake
Banned User

Does anyone know if theirs going to be prestige races? Like Githyanki, drow, shield dwarves and Illithid?

------------------
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 09:16 PM   #2
Jake
Banned User

Bump...

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 06:51 AM   #3
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Shield Dwarfs and Drow are a possibility, I would have thought. However, I don't think we''l see PC Githyanki or Illithade running around.

From what I've seen so far though, it doesn't look like they are including much in the way of sub-races as yet, so you may still have to pick a simple dwarf rather then a shield dwarf.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 09:11 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well prestige classes are not exactly what they are, just highlevel creatures that has alot of specialties. Could be cool though and perhaps there will be a way to make them yourself or download..

Shielddwarves should be in the game, since they are a standard Dwarven race in Faerun. The Gith-races could be cool to have along.

Also Drow and Aasimars, Tieflings and such could e nice to play!

(P:S The personal favourite in DoD this week is the most terrifying monster ever created...

A KOBOLD /BARBARiAN/ROUGE!!!

he I tried him out agains my 3:ed playgroup this week.. Hehehe, with his twohanded handaxe and lightspear he succesfully backstabed one person and then had a rage LOL!!!

Oicture yourself a Lizardlike little bugger not much more than a foot tall and with a complex like Conan heheh!!!

Hmm, sorry for the roumblings!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 11:06 AM   #5
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Personaly I hope they dont, prestige races are a bit powerful and even the players handbook warns on using them because they can throw off play balance, and the way they balanced it was the level handicap where to play a certain race at level 1 the rest of the party had to have a average of a certain level.
DEADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 03:55 PM   #6
Jake
Banned User

Quote:
...However, I don't think we''l see PC Githyanki or Illithade running around.
Githyanki and Illithid, just an example, a Illithid can turn into an Ullithid.

Quote:
Shielddwarves should be in the game, since they are a standard Dwarven race in Faerun. The Gith-races could be cool to have along.
Also Drow and Aasimars, Tieflings and such could e nice to play!
(P:S The personal favourite in DoD this week is the most terrifying monster ever created...
Wulf, your right on!

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 03:59 PM   #7
Jake
Banned User

Also, I'd like to see some tanar'ri PC's.

------------------
Old 08-27-2001, 05:23 AM   #8
WOLFGIR

I hope they have some real cool evil monsters too! Like an Illithid-lich hehehehe!!!!

Also my personal favourite would be to be able to play psionicd in the game. For once be able to battle thoose illithids on their playground!!!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 08-27-2001, 01:47 PM   #9
Balgin
Elminster

Actually something scarier is a kobold Rogue/Sorceror who has taken weapon focus ray attack, improved critical ray attack version of Ottiluke's Freezing Sphere, Maximise Spell, and is within thirty feet of his target, catches them flat footed or just happens to be flanking them and manages to pul off a back attack critical (the additional surprise damage isn't done but the spell damage multiplies). Now that really hurts!!!

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 07:41 AM   #10
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Balgin:
Actually something scarier is a kobold Rogue/Sorceror who has taken weapon focus ray attack, improved critical ray attack version of Ottiluke's Freezing Sphere, Maximise Spell, and is within thirty feet of his target, catches them flat footed or just happens to be flanking them and manages to pul off a back attack critical (the additional surprise damage isn't done but the spell damage multiplies). Now that really hurts!!!

Lol he is scary since he has to be a real HIGH level sorcereor and rouge.. But yes indeed, since the little bugger has a great ac and hide bonus and the oitiluks sphere can in the next action,, his normal action unless the first spell is his suprise action.. the second as a area effect spell.. Can anyone say" OUCH!!!" hehe!

Hmm, do you think that one can play a Kobold??

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper