Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
Mr Creosote
The Magister

She is carrying a rather tasty looking sword that I took a fancy to, but have been unable to kill her. In the Holy Water fight you can take her down easily to the red and near death but then she always adds HPs to stay alive.
Its prolly not possible to kill her but maybe someone has come up with an innovative method.
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:40 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

She is impossible to kill. With heavily enchanted weapons one can come very close to killing her, but at one point her health bar stops declining even though messages still appear that she is hit for this and that amount of damage.

Once you kill Cet and choose to relinquish the Mavin you will receive Kerah's sword from her hand.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Even the tome of misinformation lists no experience points for Kerah.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:51 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

One of the few things in the Gael Serran that can't be killed... I believe even Anephas can be killed, since he can be struck by blackfire-enchanted weapons. It's just a question of doing enough damage before he disappeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaars.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:22 AM   #5
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:

Once you kill Cet and choose to relinquish the Mavin you will receive Kerah's sword from her hand.
I just completed the game and relinquished the Mavin, but no sword from Kerah, did I miss something or do something wrong??

Aha, just replayed it, my inventory was full [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-31-2004, 05:40 AM: Message edited by: Mr Creosote ]
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Creosote:
quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:

I just completed the game and relinquished the Mavin, but no sword from Kerah, did I miss something or do something wrong??

Aha, just replayed it, my inventory was full [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]An annoying thing about the end of the game is that if you also don't open those chests right away and get what you can, then you can't come back for the items in there (which are very good items) if you don't have the patch, or else you'll be stuck with your items in the pyramid. I've never managed to get the items from all of the chests...I guess I should do it before the battle, not afterwards.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #7
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To get kerahs sword u must have... free slots for a sword in your backpack - if else, the sword will fall at the floor...
Old 01-06-2005, 10:32 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I usually loot those chests while Cet is talking to me... it's quicker that way [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:59 AM   #9
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I usually loot those chests while Cet is talking to me... it's quicker that way [img]smile.gif[/img]
Those are, for me, the only two chests worth reloading for, since they've got the best items in the entire game (or should have).

I save before entering his room, then sprint down, open both chests while he's chattering, and if I don't get anything new or anything I was really after, like
  • Lance of the Lady
  • Eye of Heaven
  • Kimono of the Dragon
  • Plate of the Realm
  • Helm of the Realm
or a couple other decent weapons, I reload until I get one or several of these items.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:39 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

Both these chests always contain an artifact - at least, Wizard's Blade. When you enter Cet's Lair, then the chest on your right contains mostly weapons and the chest on your left contains mostly armor.
You can get every artifact from the chests. Both chests can contain Eye of Heaven but you get it faster from the chest on your left.

The best moment for looting the chests is immediately after entering Cet's lair. I am always doing the following:

(1) Pyramid is "two pass" for me. During the first pass, I cleanse the whole Pyramid and loot all chests there. I also "unlock" Cet's Lair by both keys and help the lich. Then I return and sell the loot.
(2) The second pass consists only from activating Cet and the final battle. I come with empty inventory (more precisely, with the Mavin Sword and two Holy Waters [img]smile.gif[/img] ), activate Cet and go to the lair.
(3) Cast Frenzy, Haste, Heroic Might, Lavawalk, and Merlin Shield. Equip the Mavin Sword. Enter the lair.
(4) Now, it's time to loot the chests. The Merlin Shield spell makes a harmless jester with magma bombs and firestorms from Cet. No need for hasting [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
(5) Make sure that you have enough room for the Sword of Kerah in your inventory. The size of the sword is the same as the size of the 2H Great Sword.
(6) Kill Cet.

Technical note: The Disarm Trap spell opens chests faster than picking a lock. If you are after a specific item then use the spell. You will get your item sooner.