Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2003, 08:01 AM   #1
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

I have a great game idea set into the world of wacraft and pre-suggestive characters that had been forming in my mind for quite some time.

I had two ideas on characters.

1. for the nesseccety of the plot, some key characters are designed to be certain class, and that require players to control em and develope them along a set course.

2. let me play those key characters (no more than 2) that will travel with you. the reason why I dont want more than 2 NPC with you is, i expect group interactions. so I will play 1 or 2 characters you can argue with, fight with and even have romance with. these characters are the ones that may have a set course of growth (as stated in above). they are open for volunteers.

so you have two choice, to choose to make a character of your own interest or to play a character of premade by me. for those who use the premade characters, I will give you his/her personality. at some points in game, they will behave in certain ways that are meant to happen, it wont happen too often, most of the times you will be able to choose your path.

History:
there are many walks of people living in the world of warcraft, called Azeroth. like all folks, they blend in the color of grey, some are good, some are vile and some are out to get all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons were the Oldest
who lived free and soared the sky of Azeroth
who lived long and enjoyed bountiful harvests
who guarded the magic and the lives
who were the wisest and the First

Night elves were the second Oldest,
the Shadowy and Reclusive Ones
and the Husbander of Forest,
who awoke by the first ray of dawn
and walked among the woods of Kalimdor since.
Ancient and wise in their magical lore,
they brought the world much wonder.

But wonders they brought do not last,
for their arrogance invited the unjust.
A black hole ripped open in the sky
through which came the darkest light.
The Burning Legion descendes the night,
a voice in the sky that screamed terror,
with them came the Orcish might.
Thousands of Hordes of a different world,
who brought flame and steel to go to war.
What were they once that we knew not,
they burned and slaughtered and enslaved.
They were the bloody Horde!

The two eldest races fought aloneside,
and the war was win to a bitter end.
The Burning Legion was banished.
The world was changed and corrupted,
its face scared and its beauty lost the light.

The Second Oldest returned to the Holy Land,
vowed never to touch magic again.

Then came the age of awakening
Dwarves were the third,
who bless the world with their architect.

Tauren were the tribes of distant land,
who shared the home with the Second Son.

Troll tribes who lived by the forest,
with doctors wicked and witched.

Humans were the youngest of all,
whose ambitions surpass all.
Their arms were weak,
but their minds were strong,
Their body were of mortal,
but their will were iron.
Their borders stretched far and wide,
and their pride grew astride.

The demons were banished but far from gone
among the infernals they plotted the time to come.
Of what that was, it was unknown,
a rift openned from the stoney ground.
From its darkest and foulest depth,
poured the brutes of savage strength.
Orcs were they called of an alien world,
yonder place where light could not go.
Thus it was known as the second War,
when all that was good and life bled and died.

The war was fought and it was won,
another scar to the already ravished lands,
followed by 15 years of restless peace.

A new storm was brewing in the distance sky,
the thunders flashing were the only light,
the chill of early winter clung the air,
drums of war echoed from the horizon tide.

To this day when we began,
onto the day when this end,
a new chapter shall be write...

Pre-designed characters:

I will do this tomorrow. I am really tired tonight.

[ 05-26-2003, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Ken Rauhl ]
Ken Rauhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:49 AM   #2
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

The Characters you can choose from are:

Dwarven Axeman ---> Dwarven Battlerager ---> Dwarven Sword Thane ---> Mountain King

Cleric ---> Warrior Priest ----> Knight ---> Paladin
Cleric ---> Warrior Priest ---> Shaman ---> Far Seer
Cleric ---> Cleric Doctor ----> Bishop ---> ArchBishop

Apprentice Mage ---> Wizard ---> Stormbringer ---> Archmage
Apprentice Mage ---> Wizard ---> Novice Summoner ---> Grand Summoner

Footman ---> Scout ---> Ranger ---> Shadoweaver
Footman ---> Adapt Fighter ---> Expert Archer ---> Devil's Eye
Footman ---> Adapt Fighter ---> Expert Fighter ---> Blademaster

you have probally figured out by now, the first choice to the left of each row, such as Cleric, Dwarven Axeman, Apprentice Mage, these are the initial choices of your class. The only races you can choose from are Human and dwarf. There is only one class avaible for dwarf.

the chart I listed above shows all the possible career path your character can choose to take. Your stats will be given when you make the character.

once again, premade characters will be given later today.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:31 PM   #3
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

what the hell, no one is interested? I am a decent DM.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:05 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Its a descent Idea, but it seems more like you should write a story invoulving characters rather than simply role-play people, after all, the invoulvment of only human and dwarven characters does limit the spectrum a bit...
Old 05-27-2003, 10:14 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Another factor in finding people to RP with is to find someone with the time available. Some of us are in a group that always play with each other and some of us play in as many threads as possible. I am currently in two games and cannot concentrate anymore focus on a third or risk losing some value to my postings. It's not that I do not want to join...but am hindered in doing so.
Another problem we face on here is that there are few of us. We are regulars. Nobody new comes in and cares very often to do anything, and if they do, then they always try to do their own thing instead of playing in already established games.
I tell you what. Try advertising this game on the General Conversations forum and make a link to this thread for sign-up. They are not allowed to sign up on the GenCon thread, but can be lured here by a thread you create,,,enticing new players to come see this place. Many people visit the GenCon, and never even consider coming here! If a moderator or other member has any trouble with you posting on GenCon as I have suggested, then refer them to me.

I wish you luck!

[ 05-27-2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-27-2003, 11:24 PM   #6
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Another factor in finding people to RP with is to find someone with the time available. Some of us are in a group that always play with each other and some of us play in as many threads as possible. I am currently in two games and cannot concentrate anymore focus on a third or risk losing some value to my postings. It's not that I do not want to join...but am hindered in doing so.
Another problem we face on here is that there are few of us. We are regulars. Nobody new comes in and cares very often to do anything, and if they do, then they always try to do their own thing instead of playing in already established games.
I tell you what. Try advertising this game on the General Conversations forum and make a link to this thread for sign-up. They are not allowed to sign up on the GenCon thread, but can be lured here by a thread you create,,,enticing new players to come see this place. Many people visit the GenCon, and never even consider coming here! If a moderator or other member has any trouble with you posting on GenCon as I have suggested, then refer them to me.

I wish you luck!
thanks larry, I will try that.

Deathkiller... i dont think it is what you said. if you want free roleplaying of whatever, then no. I wont let it. no decent story will come out, instead all the cheese and munchs will run free, even if the participants are experienced roleplayers, sometimes.

and yes, I AM trying to write a story, but I am not dictacting it. you will roleplay it, but only within the proper limit that a good game develops on. and ultimately it is your choice that make the story. the reason why u can only play human and dwarf, (well I will add elf), because these are good races and also because to play other races would seriously unbalance the play. I do NOT want a game running with 900 pound tauren chieftens and Drizzts and planeshifters. no, absolutely not.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:15 AM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

It's always difficult to figure out the best amount of DM involvement. How to give the players as much freedom as possible without losing control of events. For everyone to have fun, you'll have to place at least some amount of trust in your players. Chances are the original idea gets lost somewhere along the way, but as long as people are having a good time that's fine. As DM, you are also allowed to act at any time you feel the players are overstepping their boundraries. But I think even a very tightly regulated game would work, provided you could find players and get started.

The fact that you can't seem to find any when all you've done was place some limits on character creation is rather clear evidence that the forum is getting low on posting visitors. I myself am too busy getting my own game to run smoothly, though once it's well and truely on the rails I may give this one a shot. Like Larry said, most of the regulars are hindered. Participating in many games at once both makes it harder to keep characters from blurring into one another, and reduces the quality of the posts. Personally I prefer having a few good games over lots of medicore ones (I'm not trying to say this one would be medicore, it's speaking in general )

A post in GD might help, but I think it's more or less season related. But we'll see how it works out. Keeping my fingers crossed for you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 11:25 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hehe...you know how many times I have forgotten which character I was posting for at the moment, and posted the response as another in a totally different game! Or I have had to sit and remember what character I am at the time, and make sure I do not meld the two, three, or however many into one super character that has the abilities of all the PCs I am running!! It makes for a lot of fun, especially at 2am.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:13 AM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I'd like to join a Online roleplaying game, but the problem is that I have no patience with social game, if you could find a way to reproduce a real pen and paper game, then I'd probably be interested.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:51 AM   #10
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I'd like to join a Online roleplaying game, but the problem is that I have no patience with social game, if you could find a way to reproduce a real pen and paper game, then I'd probably be interested.
social game? what is that? sorry. there is a social game and a PnP?