Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2001, 09:19 AM   #11
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually, Saz, what I did was instead of trying to kill the Rats, I turned the other way to where the Mantraps were coming from, then threw a barrage of spells at 'em, back up, did it again, turn, ran waited for them to come into view (very important to watch topography, here... don't want to do a spell that explosed into the side of a hill...) and then torch 'em from afar. ALthough the last one I think I might have accidently done a heal spell on, cause he went from red to yellow ... oops OH well. Very fun... TO THE CASTLE!

BK

ps, if they are called MANtraps, why do they hurt my lady-characters?

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 10:15 AM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
...ALthough the last one I think I might have accidently done a heal spell on, cause he went from red to yellow ... oops OH well. Very fun... TO THE CASTLE!

BK

Auuughhh, BK!! I did the same thing with the Naga on the first time I played the game!! She was almost dead and one of my characters hit her with a "Restore Health" spell instead of the character he was trying to heal!

Gotta watch them healing spells...

Quote:

ps, if they are called MANtraps, why do they hurt my lady-characters?

Heheheh...

-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-25-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 03:36 PM   #13
Virgil
Dungeon Master

One on of my times playing through this game, I had killed three or so of the mantraps, and assumed I got them all. On another trip from town, I stopped to talk to Erzabette. When I finished, I turned around and there was a mantrap right behind me, in the door to her hut. I thought, oh no, I'm dead.

Figuring I had no alternative, I rushed it and attacked. For some reason, the mantrap did not do it's poison bomb attack, and we killed it fairly easy.

I don't know if monsters are programmed not to do area attacks around innocent NPCs, or if Erzabette's cottage is immune to magic. If you're ever stuck, try leading the mantraps there and see what happens. Could have been just a fluke...

Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 04:07 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Virgil:

I don't know if monsters are programmed not to do area attacks around innocent NPCs, or if Erzabette's cottage is immune to magic. If you're ever stuck, try leading the mantraps there and see what happens. Could have been just a fluke...

Eeeeek...that's a little too close for comfort. Too big of a risk to lead them that close to Ishad N'ha. If they trap you, you can never get out the city gates again.

Best to fight them in the Shire or near the Castle with firepower.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote