Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 05:27 PM   #11
mikeyg123
The Magister

hey hey hey ....thats not very funny....

wait, yeah it is lol

------------------
"if u dont like sex,.... get out of the kitchen!!!"
mikeyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 06:46 PM   #12
Belle Bayard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, Wyvern, considering your name denotes a type of draconian creature (remembering my Might and Magic tours), I can certainly understand your comment. LOL I'm a dragon lady myself (though I killed two red ones I found in Anephas' shrine), so I never even considered offing Erathsmedor. Wow... that's lot of experience points. As for NPC's, I did in the gypsy for the Orb of Clarity (didn't know the Serpent Staff would do it as well) and the Mystical Sphinx. Boy, that last one was really tough. Took lots of time and patience and reloading (it loved to make my characters insane which basically put an end to them fighting, getting into their inventory, or doing spells). Haven't done any others in, but thought about it. Did kill the group of lady vamps in Skull Castle, though I couldn't help wondering exactly Adrianna would have given me if I had agreed to help her. Mayhaps if I get desperate enough for XP & HP (dern, don't have those Portal spells yet and nowhere in sight) I may go back and do in ol' Erasthmedor. Hehehehe...

[This message has been edited by Belle Bayard (edited 05-24-2001).]
Belle Bayard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 06:59 PM   #13
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Belle -

I must admit that there are GOOD dragons and there are BAD dragons - Erathsmedor I count among the good and it saddens me that the game designers made it sooooo rewarding in a game where they KNOW players like to be rewarded to kill "my flying friend". So everytime some player feels compelled to off him yet again - I will not curse them but the designers for being more "near sighted" than Erathsmedor himself!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 08:00 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Belle...If you complete the Adrianna quest, you get a ring that if you're running the patched game has some really good resistances on it...

not to mention the hilarity of the "final outcome" of what happens when you give them that scroll...

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 10:02 AM   #15
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is still a role-playing-game.. and I think killing the big wyrm does not fit into the role of the hero that is saving the world. And there is the oath, of course.
But if you must...
Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 03:04 PM   #16
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would kill him because the amount of Exp. you get is alot and all you really need is to give your strongest fighter all the stuff that have protection to fire and then if it totals to 100% resistance he is easy. Use all magic and he is immune to fire as are you so stone and other magics will kill him but do not go into melee combat unless you have full protection to death attacks and can take damages that can do up to 100 damage or more if you took the oath of scrolls.
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 07:34 PM   #17
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

If you are lower in levels (10-14) and if you're not TOO concerned about guild training then, Yes I believe it is worth it to kill him. You'll gain 3-5 levels. However, this is a little mean, after all, he's given you the Mavin, not to mention the trouble that Kerah will have finding another 3rd watcher of the Mavin. This is her second one already.

Ah, heck with Kerah, KILL THE DRAGON!!!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote