Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2003, 10:30 AM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

North Korea leaves nuclear pact

It's not mentioned in the article, but I also heard on the radio that NK threatened any attack on them would trigger WWIII. Personally I can not decide if Kim Jong Il, the North Korean leader, is either dangerously unbalanced or is brilliantly playing us.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:32 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I can predict the future. I can see this topic is going on a little trip... like to another forum.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

How silly. What are they gonna do? Shoot nukes at the US - not likely with no missile technology. They'll aim at Japan if anybody.

This is easy. If they start proliferating, the US will simply pull out of the treaty and start doing the same - if we even need to. We ran the USSR broke playing this game, and NK is already poor and starving.

Petty dictators - when will they learn to just go along with the puppetmasters. It's so much easier on them. Look at Castro. If he'd have just quit being a d**k to his people and the US, he'd be rolling in money like Cuba was in the 20's. I we call these decisions "cutting off your nose just to spite your face."
Old 01-10-2003, 10:38 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I can predict the future. I can see this topic is going on a little trip... like to another forum.
Goodbye Thread. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
See Ya in the War Forum.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:45 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

The war forum could use some PR. Since a mod is sure to read this, why not put up a post (as in a new thread ) pointing this kind of discussions to that board? I stumbled into it once by accident, but I had no idea that it existed.

[ 01-10-2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 01-10-2003, 11:10 AM   #6
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
The war forum could use some PR. Since a mod is sure to read this, why not put up a post (as in a new thread ) pointing this kind of discussions to that board? I stumbled into it once by accident, but I had no idea that it existed.
Aye, I did not know it was there till just now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 11:12 AM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

we still have a war forum?? neat.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:18 AM   #8
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, there is a forum where discussions on the "War on Terrorism" should be posted, and that's where I'll move this. For those of you who only look at the "Ironworks Gaming Forums", try clicking on the "Ironworks Gaming" link. You might be surprised

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:45 AM   #9
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Yes, there is a forum where discussions on the "War on Terrorism" should be posted, and that's where I'll move this. For those of you who only look at the "Ironworks Gaming Forums", try clicking on the "Ironworks Gaming" link. You might be surprised
I suddenly feel like I've been swept away to a distant land... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Thanks for moving the thread Mouse.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:01 PM   #10
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
How silly. What are they gonna do? Shoot nukes at the US - not likely with no missile technology. They'll aim at Japan if anybody.

This is easy. If they start proliferating, the US will simply pull out of the treaty and start doing the same - if we even need to. We ran the USSR broke playing this game, and NK is already poor and starving.

Petty dictators - when will they learn to just go along with the puppetmasters. It's so much easier on them. Look at Castro. If he'd have just quit being a d**k to his people and the US, he'd be rolling in money like Cuba was in the 20's. I we call these decisions "cutting off your nose just to spite your face."
Exactly, the US should just force their way of life on the rest of world and be done with it, irregardless of the beliefs and culture of anyone else. If Cuba was being such a d**k to the US, why should the US really care? If he's being a d**k to his people, it's up to his people to do something about it, not us.