Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2004, 01:52 PM   #11
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ugh no, then he'll never play any OC's or mods. At least feel it out first like Albromor suggested. The SOU OC was designed for SOU so you have everything you need for it right now.

Druids and Rangers fare well I suppose. It's been a long time since I played those classes though cuz I mostly PVP and they are obviously more of an RP class. I guess that'd also be a good multiclass combo. Top it off with monk for a good ac.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:03 PM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Go get Hordes. Then forget about the OC and get online.
I don't play online. Dial-up.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:08 PM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
So, from Chewie's last post -- should I get HoTU to augment my SoU game with certain things (like Prestige classes) BEFORE I play HoTU?
You don't have to, but you'll be able to use some of the HotU content in SoU if you have it installed. SoU comes with five prestige classes, and HotU introduces six more.
Quote:

Also, about classes....

I know you get henchmen, but how soon? I don't want to be a single mage roaming around against the world.
You'll be able to pick up a henchman early on, don't worry.
Quote:

Maybe you guys can help me choose my class. I want to achieve certain goals, in this order:

1. Having all dialogue options and knowing the full story line.

2. Knowing about and working my way through the environment, especially know about the items I pick up and knowing where traps are.

3. Ability to win combat efficiently.

Normally, I like Rangers, Druids, Clerics, and mages. Any advice?
You'll have access to all dialogue options with any class, although some quests can only be solved by certain classes.

Clerics and Druids are two solid classes that I wholeheartily recommend for a beginner, they're good fighters and good spellcasters. Mages might be a bit more tricky to play the first time around, and Rangers in 3rd edition are not very good; basically a stealthy Fighter with free dual-wield (assuming you only wear light armors.)

[ 03-26-2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 03-26-2004, 03:11 PM   #14
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Go get Hordes. Then forget about the OC and get online.
I don't play online. Dial-up. [/QUOTE]You poor, poor soul. You're a lawyer, you can afford high speed can't you?
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:31 PM   #15
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Coming to my building for free sometime this summer. I wanted cable, and the building has to be equipped with it. Besides, I'm not much for online gaming -- at all. Maybe I'll try it here where I know people -- but generally I hate it b/c of munchkins and ubers.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:39 PM   #16
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Just takes finding the right server and it's like that with every game. I play several games online and there are the losers out there for sure, but they're not everywhere.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:16 PM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Erm... I got a couple of character building mini-modules from some folks. The are .mod files. I am told I am to send them to my modules folder. That isn't clear enough for me, because I am stoopid. Do I "install" them to that folder, simply "copy" them to the folder, or what?

Also, how do I play those mods from within the game once they are installed?

Thx.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:15 AM   #18
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Erm... I got a couple of character building mini-modules from some folks. The are .mod files. I am told I am to send them to my modules folder. That isn't clear enough for me, because I am stoopid. Do I "install" them to that folder, simply "copy" them to the folder, or what?

Also, how do I play those mods from within the game once they are installed?

Thx.
Hey,

Send or copy them to the modules folder. In a default installation it is located here:

C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\modules

Once the module files are in the module folder, you start the game. Select 'new game' and then 'other modules'. Now select the module you would like to try. Next choose to either make a new character, or if you have saved any characters while playing the game, you can choose one of these.

BTW, I really enjoyed playing a Druid in NWN. You get an animnal companion, some cool spells, and somewhat decent melee. NWN, particularly SoU & HotU all have some very neat Druid/Ranger-only elements like tracking and talking to animals.

In HotU the Shifter prestige class becomes available for Druids only. The shifter is a fun, but challenging prestige class. With the right choice of form, the Shifter caqn handle almost any situation in the game, from stealth, to spell casting, to melee.

Have fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 01:27 AM   #19
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Thanks, furball!!!! (Hey, that's what you get for having a name like Chewbacca -- what a wookie!!)
Old 03-27-2004, 03:42 AM   #20
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I've played NWN's online with dial-up for a year. Never was a problem. I changed to cable for hosting reasons only. Never assume...