Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2003, 02:28 PM   #11
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Ide think the sterotypical dwarve would eat roast mutton, roast venison, or roast chicken. where as your typical elf would be more toward vegetarian pursuits, though not turning down a good roast should one come along. I see elves as typically gathering nuts & berries, and fruit like apples, and pears and peaches and what is available per their climate.

edit: ohh and potatoes, I could see dwarves loving potatoes

[ 09-24-2003, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 09-24-2003, 02:50 PM   #12
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

The Dwarves would have a salt Beef dinner, salt beef stores very well.

The Dish: Place a small piece of salt beef in a pot, add Turnip, carrots, and cabbage, boil for an hour than add potatoes and boil for another hour. Drain and serve. All items can easily be stored under ground.

Another Dwarven Dish:

Salt Fish & Bruise: Take out hard bread and place in water, place salt fish in water. Do this before going to bed. This will soften the bread (bruise) and take some of the salt out of the fish. Next day boil fish, for an hour boil potatoes for an hour, dry out bruise by placing over heat. Serve fish, potatoes, and bruise. (Can also mash fish and bruise together.)

Dwarves would salt much of there meat for storage to avoid coming out of the ground for fresh meat all the time. Fresh meat would be an occasional meal when they go out to gather there meat and bring it back to clean and salt. They would also use various mushrooms and fungi in dishes.

Stews and soups would also be popular, mushroom soup being the most common.

[ 09-24-2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 09-24-2003, 06:59 PM   #13
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
I'm in the works of writing a book, and I've come to another stop. I was wondering on what kinds of foods, really hardy, that dwarves, elves and such eat. Not high classed or anything, just what they consider to be a great meal.
Well when I was visiting Spain, I went to a good ol'fashioned jousting tournament in a real castle with knights, armor, etc. Way cool! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] anyway, we ate just like the days of yore: with our hands, roasted fowl, big long breads, ale (or was it mead), everything was just grab off a tray and eat. so think of eating that way. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 08:19 PM   #14
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
ELves: most likely berries and water, a loaf of bread. I dont think they eat meat since they are so one with nature and all that.
i wonder how elves make the bread in the first place. hmmm...

Catch me if you can..
Old 09-24-2003, 09:49 PM   #15
Azimaith
Manshoon

Stew for humans, lots and lots of stew, same place where we got the peas porridge rhyme, stew thats days old, they just add new stuff and heat it up. Did I mention stew? I would assume dwarves would go for ale in all things, ale soaked meat, ale soaked mushrooms, ale soaked ale, mmm mmm, and all this with what else? Ale!

Lets see:
Dwarven Ale Battered Beef.
Ingredients:
2 Eggs of some kind or another, perferably underground lizard eggs.
1.5 pounds of fresh meat, (this is one serving for one person)
1 cup of Shaved puff ball fungus.
1 cup of fresh cows milk
2 Cups underdark fungus flour.
4 cups of strong dwarven ale, the stronger the better.

Take the fungus flour, shaved puff balls, and cows milk, eggs, and mix it all together. Stir until you get a fairly smooth mixture of ingredients. Cut the meat into three slices .5. Dip each strip of meat into the egg, and fungus batter until coated thouroughly then fill a large bowl with four cups of ale. We suggest lizard eggs due to their great stickness and holding power. Dip each strip into the ale then put in on a deep pan with about another inch of ale for cooking. Put this into a closed stove for 20 minutes then add more ale and flip the beef. Cook until the fungus coating is golden brown.

Elves, something natural, light. Lots of fruit mixes very little meat, tons o veggies.

Any kind of fruit salad would work for them.

[ 09-24-2003, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Azimaith ]
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>