Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 08:07 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

I want to have a fairie ninja in my next party. I want to kill the Don to get the CoC, but from my experience I know, the cane isn't a fixed drop.
I don't reload, so I need some suggestions, how to develop the fairie ninja further if I have bad luck and don't find the cane.
Thanks

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

[ 02-16-2004, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:52 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, the next-best weapon would probably be the Staff of Doom, so you could just work on Staff and Wand skill anyway and give your ninja the staff after you get it.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:07 AM   #3
ferro287
Manshoon

Just to offer an alternative choice, you could try to advance Swords, and use the Bushido Blade/ench Wakizashi once you get those. That would allow to use thrown weapons, which sounds natural for a ninja. Development isn't straightforward then though, focus on meelee, or on ranged?
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
Ben Lauritson
Dungeon Master

AFAIK the cane still has a high chance of being dropped, I think it's 70-something% or so. I dunno, FlameStryke's site has it anyway.

If you do get the staff of doom, get an item that heals also. You'll need it.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:38 AM   #5
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ben Lauritsen:
No problem. If I don't get the CoC from the Don, I'll finish the swamp and visit Crock for some Ankhs of Healing.

Ferro287:
I thought about that. IIRC I can find the Enchanted Wakizashi together with the Staff of Doom behind the waterfall in the mountain wilderness ? Can't remember where the bushido blade is.

Thanks for your hints [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:04 AM   #6
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Y'r right about EW.
Bushido drops a bit less than a third of the time (for me) off Raven.

(edit: there's another Bushy in Ferro's upstairs locker, and another EW drops off Antone)

[ 02-17-2004, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:26 AM   #7
Mr Creosote
The Magister

The ONLY reason for a FN is the CoC, so if you run one then reload and get the Cane, if not you may as well delete the char and start a new one, at that stage of the game they'll soon have caught up to within 1 level of the other chars in your party.

I'm getting less and less impressed with FN.
Fighters and Rogues out melee a FN, and if you want magic then have a spell-caster.
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:17 AM   #8
Kylospylon
The Magister

A FN isn't as good as regular ninja early in the game (due to stats spread thin), but developed properly they are just as good as regular ninja from mid game onward (without the cane).

A faerie gets +2 AC. They can use most ninja specific equipment. They have less carry capacity, but how much weight does a ninja carry? My point is don't scrap your faerie ninja if you don't get the cane, they're no worse than any other race as a ninja, just different. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 08:36 AM   #9
Kylospylon
The Magister

Also:

A ninja doesn't out melee, out range, out lockpick, out spell any character that specializes in these areas, so don't expect it to. A Ninja is a versatile class, but should be focused in as few areas as possible if part of a large party, as to be on par with the other characters. In smaller parties they shine, since they can do so many things.

If you just want to have you ninja kick a$$ in melee, then go ahead and get a fighter - yawn.

As for creating a FN who is still an effective member of your team without the COC, just put him where he fits and keep 'em there, he'll adapt and grow strong.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:56 AM   #10
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Can't remember where the bushido blade is.
Raven Rapax (the rapax you kill for the t'rang quest) sometimes drops it, but its rare (1 in 5, i would guess). A ifx one is in the rapax armory (where the vulcan hammer is)
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote