Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2002, 08:13 AM   #11
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

You need the ancient armor. Then you need the idol of kozah from the archeaolgical dig. Then you take them to Ulacaster's ghost after you have completed his quest. This should get you the sword.
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 08:18 AM   #12
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

uuuhhhh...I think I'll pass on this one. I just got done reading David15's "Vorpal Sword" thead. Six already answered my question in that thread. Thanks though Wilbur, but aahhh...NO THANKS!
Old 07-03-2002, 06:25 PM   #13
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

That's why I hate the quest. Nobody tells you about it, there's no connection at all between the 2 items and the guy who combines them, Ulcaster doesn't even say anything when he gives you the sword, and the sword's almost useless. Appeal = Zero.

(Possible lame use for the sword: Recruit Kagain, and equip the sword. Have him attack your injured party members until he's almost dead. Kick him out of the party and go on your way. The next day, when he's regenerated his HP, do it again. That's about it.)
Old 07-04-2002, 06:44 AM   #14
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Posted By: SixOfSpades
That's why I hate the quest. Nobody tells you about it, there's no connection at all between the 2 items and the guy who combines them, Ulcaster doesn't even say anything when he gives you the sword, and the sword's almost useless. Appeal = Zero.

(Possible lame use for the sword: Recruit Kagain, and equip the sword. Have him attack your injured party members until he's almost dead. Kick him out of the party and go on your way. The next day, when he's regenerated his HP, do it again. That's about it.)
Hey, that's a brilliant idea! I have completly avoided Kagain in my current campaign, mainly because i can remember how much of a pest he becomes once you dump him. He wouldn't leave my party alone, kind of like Noober the booger. So after about the tenth interruption I decided to test out some new spells on him. But of course, your idea is a little more practical.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:24 AM   #15
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

They should at least make it easier to get earlier in the game so that it might be somewhat useful, but both the firewine ruins and the protector of the kozah idol are pains.
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 02:20 PM   #16
Midget Gems

I tried the 'bash you own party members to heal them' tactic when I was using Arkanis (Constitution = 19 + Tome). He was so unskilled with the sword, that I had to remove everyone's armour before he could hit them - it was such a lot of messing about, for so little gain. Then I had to do a 'Remove Curse' before Arkanis could get back to using his trusty axe. Any Dwarf would see it as a waste of valuable drinking time.

Ps. Six, that's a nifty new dragon you've got there - looks cool and matches your eyes!