Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2001, 12:20 PM   #1
Gray Mage
Banned User

I want to try to play an evil party. Will Minsc and jaheria(whatever), give me a problem? What class is recommended, and what NPC's?

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-09-2001, 12:31 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Minscc and jaheria wont bug ya but keep ur reputation about 12ish and you'll be fine.

My evil(ish) party was as follows:

Jerome (fallen paladin)
Valygar (Ranger)
Korgan (fighter)
Viconia (Cleric)
Edwin (Mage)
Jan (Illusionist\Theif)

------------------
[insert witty phrase here]
Old 03-09-2001, 12:34 PM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

OK,

you can play almost any character as evil except of course a paladin (unless you use SK) but some classes, like Assassin cannot be good.
Neutral and esp. good characters will be angry if your reputation drops too low, so create a party with mostly evil and neutral chars.
My ideal party would consist of:

Korgan evil berserker
Viconia evil cleric
Edwin evil mage
Jan neutral illusionist/thief
Jaheira neutral druid/fighter

I would advise you to play realistically: don't run around killing everybody in sight and giving stupid answers, that's not evil, that's plain stupid!
Evil guys need to make money too, so instead of turning down quests you should accept them. Where a good char might accept a quest to help people, you'd do it just for the money. Apart from that, playing evil can be fun, especially because the evil NPC are so good. Enjoy!

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-09-2001, 12:36 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ah, Jerome the CAPSLOCK addicted (Anti?)Paladin is back!!! Good to see you!
Yes, like Jerome said, keeps your rep around 12 because you will suffer initiative penalties if it goes lower

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-09-2001, 12:40 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Yeah i'll be hopping on and off for the next little while, but i'll be back permanantly soon!!! I still love the pic melusine!

And if you get really mad, a little commoner slaughter is always good for the soul....but make sure you have some money for the church...

------------------
[insert witty phrase here]
Old 03-09-2001, 12:52 PM   #6
Gray Mage
Banned User

Thanks, everybody, for you help I'll give it a shat this evening. This should be fun.

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-09-2001, 02:55 PM   #7
Lord Shield

The party I had rocked. I had an evil berserker for my main character. Others were: Korgan, Viconia, Jan, Yoshimo, Edwin. Edwin is an excellent wizard and, with the cap level removed, is the only NPC party wizard with the INT required for 9th level spells. Yoshimo and Jan whined whenever my Rep dropped below 6, but a quick trip to the temple sorted that

Old 03-10-2001, 12:40 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gray Mage, this should help you out.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-10-2001, 01:20 PM   #9
Lord Shield

Not bad, Mnemoch, although it suggests restraints to role-play options. I personally chose a couple of goody-goody bits just to raise rep again.

Old 03-10-2001, 02:55 PM   #10
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I'm currently playing a Neutral Evil, Swashbuckler-Mage. Charisma 18, appropriately named Black Widow. I try to be nice to everyone, but hold no qualms about killing the random innocent when my reputation gets too high. I think it appropriate to role-play a smooth talking PC who may double-cross you on a whim.