Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

ggggrrrrrrrrrr
okay i got over the cern bug i had and was just gettin into mazzy then this ogre comes up and wants to fight outside the copper tavern.. simple enough. mazzy went in the pit, beat him. Then when i come out the pit. The speed boots i had on mazzy dont work on her... what gives with that.

They work on everybody else but her now. reloaded... boots work fine... fight ogre.. boots dont work again. ??? man that just simply suxs big time.

Somebody tell me its a fix.. or is my g just self destructing
Old 08-08-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Seraph
Quintesson

Is Mazzy under the effect of a spell/ring/whatever of Free Action?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
Is Mazzy under the effect of a spell/ring/whatever of Free Action?
Nope. o_O?
Old 08-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

they dont work as in she cant wear them? or she can wear them but isnt hasted?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
she can wear them... and was wearing them and everything was fine (ie, she was hasted), then i had that run-in with that fool ogre wanting to fight her, and after the fight, the boots didnt work on her anymore.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #6
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Quote:
rah_pillage opened his pie hole to say:
o_O?
I was going to help you, but you pulled that out.
Shame on you.

[ 08-08-2005, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:49 PM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by rah_pillage:
quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
she can wear them... and was wearing them and everything was fine (ie, she was hasted), then i had that run-in with that fool ogre wanting to fight her, and after the fight, the boots didnt work on her anymore. [/QUOTE]I know.. what I mean is... now after the fight, can she wear the boots and they dont work? or cant she wear them at all?

if its the first case... maybe some item (or potion or spell) of free action is doing it...
if the second case... obviously a bug and i really dont know how to help... with so many bugs maybe reinstall?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:32 PM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Maybe she was just slowed? Give her a little time to see if the effects wear off. Also, try un-equiping the boots and re-equiping them.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #9
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Okay solved the bug thing this was the case...

After mazzy challenged the ogre to the pit fight, my party enterer the tavern, mazzy tried to talk to pit boss (got dissed) and the orge's girl (got dissed) then i had my pc talk to the ogre's girl and she said we'd have to wait for him and i responded something about "we dont want to wait all day" and the ogre came and mazzy fought him and then the "notorious bug" mentioned above.

After a break and 4-5 reloads I took a different dialog approach and had my pc tell the ogre's girl that "we'd wait for him" or something like that and then walked around the bar and ran into a "chemist" who sold me some ogre dazer or something. I went back and got very "different" dialog options with the ogre's girl... blah blah blah.. then after I slipped the ogre the dazer potion and mazzy fought him, guess what... The boots work.

Strange??

If i dont give him potion the boots wont work after the fight... hmmm. My game makes you ill potion the guy or else. LOL

Well, at least it works.. got use to mazzy rushing into battle with them boots on and that awesome hp damage count!!

Thanks all for replies..