Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2001, 03:43 PM   #11
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!! 10:30ish!! And even though we are on different times, carg, that makes perfect sense to me! Very accurate too, but I'm afraid someone trying to solve this puzzle for the first time might find that a tad confusing. (but then they would have to come back and ask more questions! ooo tempting!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 04:39 PM   #12
skywalker
Banned User

I think my copy of the strategy guide is the best (?) one of all! About a month ago I spilled a full cup of coffee all over it and my keyboard. I was MAD. I wasn't about to drive 15 miles to a Staples to get a new keyboard. I dropped the keyboard to the floor in disgust and it came apart.

So I took off all the keys and washed it all down and dried it, and it works just fine. Whew, I really didn't want to spend the money on a new keyboard.

Unfortunately the Book was in very bad shape. Also in that fit of disgust I threw it, too. The front cover is folded and the back cover is torn and half the pages are rippled from the coffee. It's a good thing I realised how bad it is before I bought another one (I'm the type that likes my reading materials to be pristine- I'm a comicbook collector, remember?). So, now the quality of the paper in the book matches the quality of the writing, within. Quite apropos, don't you think?

That is why my guide is better than everyone else's, it is unique!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 05:11 PM   #13
carg
The Magister

Hmm, I might give up my plan on buying that strategy guide after all; it will be hard to find a more worthwhile one (= in worse shape) than Mark's.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 08:55 AM   #14
adam mage

it worked
thanks Wyvern
while going around the room, about 8 undead ronins & 2 wraiths appeared.

of course, using the spell 'Magma Bomb' on them up close was no fun either
Old 01-21-2001, 09:02 AM   #15
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Mark - what kind of comics do you collect???

Glad it worked for you, Adam!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 10:11 AM   #16
skywalker
Banned User

Wyvern: Are you sure you want to open this Pandora's Box, or is that a Can O' Worms?

All kinds really.

I had a complete Sandman Collection that I sold on Ebay for over $200. It seemed silly to have the collection, plus a complete set of hardcovers of the same material.

I like Golden Age stuff, but don't have the money to pursue it.

I like stuff by Alan Moore, Neil Gaimen, and Garth Ennis.

Starman, JSA, Knights Of The Dinner Table (Everyone should read this, very funny.),Liberty Meadows (This, too.), Punisher by Ennis, Rising Stars, Astro City, League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Moore, Green Arrow (Coming soon by Kevin Smith),JLA, Avengers, & Universe X.

And a lot more that I can't think of.

I have more than 13 long boxes with stuff from 1980 to now, with a few from the '60s and '70s. I sold a lot when I got married and a year later I started over again. ('Bout 1983)

Mark
Old 01-21-2001, 10:37 AM   #17
adam mage

did someone mentioned comics? my favorite subject..

skywalker - how many boxes you have now? I"m working up to 14 ...
Old 01-21-2001, 10:54 AM   #18
skywalker
Banned User

Adam: 13 long boxes 1 short + tons everywhere in my room. Couple of dozen + hardbacks too.

What's your all-time favorite comic?

Mark

(I've also got every issue of Computer Gaming World since #28 (don't know why I keep 'em!)).
Old 01-21-2001, 11:09 AM   #19
adam mage

tough choice here...

I would say Watchmen TPB by Alan Moore
second choice is Miracleman #15
Old 01-21-2001, 11:14 AM   #20
skywalker
Banned User

Wow! Ages ago I bought the Watchmen Slipcased Hardcover and it is very valuable. Of course I'd never sell. Watchmen was the greatest, better than Dark Knight IMHO.

As far as Miracleman do you you remember Miracledog. That story was incredible.

Swamp Thing by Moore was great, too!

Mark