Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2004, 11:04 AM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I recently started to play this game again, and I have two questions, so i decided to stick them in one thread.
1) How do you get into the gate at the start of trials of teh luremaster? I have four scrolls on the knights, I thought that was all you needed?
2) Due to the fact taht my characters are all at the"Godhood" level (30) because I have had the same party for YEARS now, I'm thinking of creating a new party and would like suggestions.
Cheers.
DS

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Go to the altar in the church(door to the right where you started). Do something to the altar to proceed with the game.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:57 AM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

ah, so you DO have to do taht? I wasn't sure if you had to or not, but you do. Thankyou Dundee. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2004, 04:35 PM   #4
Roboghost
Manshoon

Exclamation

New party:

They are fun and frustrating--aren't they?

I've been planning my parties according to the items that you can fetch in the games.

Example 1: Bard:

In order to cast spells
-they need elven chain
Snooping a tip-link; you can get a harp [late game] that needs a WIS of 13 (assuming it is correct)
-my Bard looks like this:
12 (WIS)
so, the WIS will have to bump up one (actually +2 with a potion) and I lose +1 DEX (one of the elven chains' gives a +1 DEX, so it might work out)

Now, I can play the harp!

Example 2: Dwarf Fighter:

I'm getting my Dwarf Fighter to end up (before I even get to the "Trials" section) to look like this without magic help:

15% Pierce
65% Slash
20% Crush
15% Missile
100% Cold
-10 AC (not great, but look up)

Formula: Armor + Belt + Shield + Ring [that is all you get]

Since his DEX is 17...I had to make it hurt less! His CON will end up as 21 though (serious hitpoints folks.)

Example 3: Gnome Cleric/Illusionist

With a WIS of 17 and my only primary Cleric (and Mage for that matter)...I want to get that WIS up!

Formula: 3 RANDOM potions.

The 3 potions will knock the CON down one point, but when you have your CON at 17 to start, it won't do any harm!

12 --> 12
18 --> 18
17 --> 16
19 --> 19
17 --> 19
10 --> 10

Bad to the bone.

Anyway, [giving in to play the Bard] here is my current team:

Human Paladin
Dwarf Fighter
Human Fighter(13)/Druid
Halfling Fighter/Thief
Half-Elf Bard
Gnome Cleric/Illusionist

I kind of have an idea for my next party as well:

My fist pick is a Human Mage that doesn't Dual or anything...just a plain old wizard and his pack of guards (hence...Merlin).

As for the rest...well..."Oh, the pain."

[ 04-05-2004, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Roboghost ]
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:36 AM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

BTW, I went into the crypt and nothig was there that could get me into the castle. help?
edit: don't worry, I found out what to do.

[ 04-06-2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]