Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2001, 01:09 PM   #1
Alptraum
Welcomed New User

I find it rather annoying that I need to wait till I practically finish the game before I become a Zenmaster and I was wondering if there was another way to get all four tomes to become a Zenmaster. I currently have 2 tomes, from the serpent temple and booger caves. I understand that I will encounter the last tomes in the underwater city and in Lord Cet's tomb. I want to play around with the Zenmaster for a lot longer then a few hours before I finish the game. Is there a way to add them to my inventory from the games save files? I have a bit of knowledge with hexadecimal code if someone can tell me what to do with that.

Also I have a Lamp that I think will provide me with wishes, but I can't seem to use it on my character. What kinds of things can I wish for?

Thanks,
Alptraum
Alptraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 01:37 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can reset the adventures and play the whole game over with your Zenmaster!! Many players have done that!

I'll push up one of the many threads on the magic lamp - look for it!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 01:39 PM   #3
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Don't know about the Zenmaster thing, but I've been using the lamp. You have to have one character use it on another character. You can wish for armour (half-decent), a sword (not bad), a ward (very good amulet), power (Arm of Argus trait), stat increase (1 per each stat for the wishee) and ummm... ack there's one more option I think. The lamp gives three wishes but there are ways to get more. Do a search on the word lamp and you'll find tonnes of helpful info.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 02:15 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There's a way to create a new character who can become a Zenmaster from the get-go. Create a player in Valeia, have your current party (after finishing the game, and with the 4 tomes intact) take him/her to Ishad N'ha, give the tomes to the character, and have the character enter the Bushi Dojo guild. The character will automatically be made a ZenMaster. Have the character join all guilds s/he can. (I think it's everything but Thieves' Guild.) If you want Thieves' guild too, have the newly made Zenmaster accept a Barbarian, Bard, or Ninja quest from the appropriate guild (Warrior, Wizard, or Bushi Dojo), join the Thieves' guild, then cancel the role quest.

Reset the Adventures to the Valeia Inn, and add the character to whatever party you want (or play as a single character). The same can be done with a brand-new character as an Assassin (just give him/her the dagger and take them to the Thieves' guild in Ishad N'ha).

You can do it with a Valkyrie, too, but that would be VERY difficult, IMO. You'd need to take the new character with the party into the Pyramid and have her burn the Lich's heart in the Black Fire, then beat a hasty retreat out of there before you rack up any XP...then "Call of Home" back to Brimloch Roon and make her a Valkyrie. Then "Reset Adventures" back to Valeia. It can be done, but you'll do a lot of running instead of fighting. Best thing to do is have your party "clear out" the path to the Lich's Heart, turn Respawn rate to "low", and take the new character in to find the Lich's Heart.

Anyway, some interesting twists to try out, if you're interested.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 06:22 PM   #5
Matri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm sure Wyvern can *ahem* "acquire" the Tomes for you
Matri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 06:47 PM   #6
Alptraum
Welcomed New User

Thanks for your replys. I think I might try to get my last 2 tombs and restart as a pixie Zenmaster =).

If anyone could provide me with the hex codes for the books, and where to put them in I would be eternally grateful. I really don't want to spoil anymore of the story line. It keeps me playing when I can dream of what lies beyond skull island =).

Thanks
Alptraum (currently getting a longtooth hide for the pirate).
Alptraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 06:49 PM   #7
Matri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd like to know where the list is found.
Matri is offline   Reply With Quote