Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Very Angry Got this eBay issue..

So, I won the bid on an MP3-MP4 player, or some such thing. I thought I'd get one for my trip to Germany/ Europe next month for the plane ride.

I won the bid and it clearly said "free shipping" on the item.

When I got email payment thing, it says $3.99 Shipping insurance (required):

I emailed the guy 'cos I'm feeling ripped off. I said would not pay it. It also says the insurance is optional, but recommended on the item description.

He also has his country/region listed as Canada. But his profile has this : Member: since 10-May-08 in China

Now, I'm feeling like I was lied to again. I thought I was buying from someone in Canada.

What do y'all think?

There has been no reply to my email yet. I'm feeling some negative feedback coming on.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Got this eBay issue..

I'm no eBay expert, nor do I play one on TV. Nor do I have one of those stellar feedback ratings with tens of thousands of feedback points. So take this with a grain of salt... or ten

I'd get screen prints ASAP of the listing and info, just in case he decides to change things around. Perhaps a video of you accessing the auction, since it's a lot harder to photoshop a video

Have you paid already? If not, then don't until it's resolved, and let him (and eBay) know. Being upfront is your best plan... let everyone know way before it happens.

Good luck. I feel for you.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Sounds like an attempted rip-off to me. False advertising etc.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Insurance is not the same as shipping fees. All UPS packages are automaticallyl covered by $100 insurance. That's great if the item you bought is worth $100 or less. If it's worth more, then it is in your interest to pay for extra insurance, otherwise, you could get a busted MP3 player and $100 from UPS for the damage, which will not replace the damaged item.

It's been a few years since I worked in purchasing, but the standard insurance fee was .50c per $100 additional coverage. It has probably gone up some by now, but even if it has doubled, the insurance amount indicates your purchase is worth $500. Is that an accurate value?

Even so, the other issues with the seller's profile are serious enough that you should raise questions with Ebay and challenge the sale.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

It cost me $26, new. I have not paid and will not pay, until it's resolved. I'll wait on his email, since it's probably night time there.

Check out this link. He has been selling truck loads of them. There are about 3 different kinds.

http://electronics.listings.ebay.ca/...istingItemList

This is the item I won. You can see the free shipping sticker and description for optional insurance on it.

www.ebay.ca (they may all work though)
Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Doesn't look good. He really appears to be in China, even though the items *may* be Toronto.

Language indicates that English is his second or third language... but still far better than my Chinese

Hold your money and be prepared to wield the big feedback stick. If he is in China, he states that he's not there on the weekends, and it's already Saturday morning...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Find him. Burn his home and tell his kids that they were adopted anyway. Show his mother his naughty magazines and slip some ones including farmyard animals in there just for good measure. Put sand in his vaseline and sugar in his petrol tank. Tape over the last episode of any series he has been recording. Also tape over his wedding videos with videos of you in bed with his wife. Find the nearest deceased relative he has; dance on the grave. For bonus points you may implement this one along with the video of his wife. Unscrew the lid of his salt pot, but only slightly. Pry all the keys on his keyboard off with a knife - rearrange them and put them back on. Poke holes in his contraceptives. Hide tin foil in under the plate in his microwave and a fish under the back seat in his car. Report him for drunk driving. Hang around in his local speaking loudly about his inclinations towards sleeping with the dead. Promise him a massage and then stop after thirty seconds because 'your thumbs hurt'. Tell him that Bruce Willis was a ghost all along, and insist that the Godfather wasn't all it was cracked up to be in his presence. Grab his advent calender, press in at the sides and then shake it so the chocolate falls out of the holes and to the bottom. Buy tickets to see his favourite band and then ask his best friend to come along with you. Pronounce his name wrong. And occasionally shout it from the otherside of the street, then look away when he turns around. Tell him via anonymous text messages that you demand to be the little spoon. Replace his aftershave with urine, and cover his toilet over with clingfilm.

Then leave him negative feedback.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

Lol.

You're a fairly cool little brother I guess!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumanoir View Post
Find him. Burn his home and tell his kids that they were adopted anyway. Show his mother his naughty magazines and slip some ones including farmyard animals in there just for good measure. Put sand in his vaseline and sugar in his petrol tank. Tape over the last episode of any series he has been recording. Also tape over his wedding videos with videos of you in bed with his wife. Find the nearest deceased relative he has; dance on the grave. For bonus points you may implement this one along with the video of his wife. Unscrew the lid of his salt pot, but only slightly. Pry all the keys on his keyboard off with a knife - rearrange them and put them back on. Poke holes in his contraceptives. Hide tin foil in under the plate in his microwave and a fish under the back seat in his car. Report him for drunk driving. Hang around in his local speaking loudly about his inclinations towards sleeping with the dead. Promise him a massage and then stop after thirty seconds because 'your thumbs hurt'. Tell him that Bruce Willis was a ghost all along, and insist that the Godfather wasn't all it was cracked up to be in his presence. Grab his advent calender, press in at the sides and then shake it so the chocolate falls out of the holes and to the bottom. Buy tickets to see his favourite band and then ask his best friend to come along with you. Pronounce his name wrong. And occasionally shout it from the otherside of the street, then look away when he turns around. Tell him via anonymous text messages that you demand to be the little spoon. Replace his aftershave with urine, and cover his toilet over with clingfilm.

Then leave him negative feedback.
I think I'll just pay the thing ..never!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #10
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Damn! That is sweet! Keep us informed, if it goes well, I'll be bidding.

It appears he wanted more profit for his sales, clearly he went to China to cut out the middle man, Opps, that was Tom Shane!

Erm, he went to China on the 10th of May to inspect the merchandise. Yesss, then he ssstayed to watcchh hiss profitsss expand.

Good luck with this one, and honestly, keep us (me) informed of the outcome.

Well now, I just found this on another of his listings.
"It needs 6 to 16 working days on the way to you.

Because the requirement of the item become more and more , sometime the items will be send from hongkong supplier directly.

Ship worldwide except Italy,Belgium, China, Hong Kong, Russia, Indonesia,Vietnam,Poland, Latvia, South America and Africa due to the incompetent postal services of these countries and fraud concerns. If you are located in these countries please contact us before bidding or negative feedback will be posted immediately"

That changes things.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Last edited by Felix The Assassin; 07-11-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Update from ebay site.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote