Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 02:02 PM   #1
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ali and Frazier, these boxing legends two daughters' are going to fight! What do you folks think of that? Ali has a mouth on her just like her Dad. Ali was talking about how she doesn't like Frazier and how Frazier needed to lose some weight. Have you seen any of the clips of their boxing matches? Ouuu Baby, these girls are tuff! Who would you pick to win? I want to pick the Frazier girl, but when I see her standing next to that Ali girl, well, she just doesn't look as big and rough. . . What do you say?? Man, I sure wouldn't want my daughter to be a boxer. But to each his own I always say - or live and learn.

------------------

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Philiappians 4:13
Old 06-08-2001, 05:17 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Hmm I dont know anything about boxing so the only frasier I know of is the Phsycoanalyst\ comedian on tv and him in a boxing match would be amusing but obscenly cruel.

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 09:24 PM   #3
Gaelic
Elminster

That fight has great sports history implications. I don't follow boxing too closely, but I think Ali will bring the smack down.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-08-2001, 10:22 PM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Muhammad Ali and Smoking Joe Frazier are legends in boxing. They both have daughters. Their daughters are boxers too. Their daughters are going to fight each other at Madison Square Gardens in New York very soon. I wish I would have labled this post "Girls Fighting!" Maybe it would have gotten a little more input. Or perhaps no one eles is interested at all. I find it interesting that these two girls should be carrying on where their fathers were 20 years ago.

Thank you for responding!
Mammawlin
Old 06-08-2001, 10:25 PM   #5
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I definitely vote for Ali.

------------------

Old 06-09-2001, 03:59 AM   #6
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

MIA ST JOHN BEATS THEM BOTH UP!!! hehe shes the only good looking female boxer so she gets my vote

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 04:05 AM   #7
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Since it's now after the event...

Ali won, but to be honest the thought of two "ladies" fighting violently (ie, intending to hurt each other rather than just for dramatic effect (eg WWF or other*)) is a little bit off-putting. As mammawlin said - each to their own though. I certainly wouldn't watch, but if they want to hurt each other they can.
Actually just remembered - a few months ago here in the UK we had a sanctioned amateur boxing match between two _15_ year old girls. You can just imagine what sort of person was in the audience for that.

*I was going to mention other forms of girl-fighting, but it's still early and kids are around.

[This message has been edited by antonius (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 04:24 AM   #8
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Ali and fraziers daughters are some of the few female boxers that dont forget technique and just come out with open hand slaps till one goes down you have to respect their skill compared to the rest of the womens boxing world.

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 04:47 AM   #9
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I respect skill, and either could easily beat me to a pulp. Heck, your average 12 year old could probably beat me up
And I don't deny anyone the chance to do whatever they want BUT
I don't want to watch two women hurt each other.