Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2002, 12:30 PM   #1
hitherebobby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This jerky killed me repeatedly, and on my last futile attempt Jan used this rod he found that does random things. The rod has 50 charges and comes with a warning that it might not help you. Well, I cast it on the lich(?) guarding the golden arms and legs and it petrified him instantly.

One easy hit by Minsc and it shattered. Then a weird pause as the software tried to figure out what happened or something. The petritied and shattered lich cast time stop and tons of spells, but all but the time stop fizzled. Then about two minutes went by and finally his form reappeared, and again one easy hit and he died (again).

Thing is, he died without leaving a corpse, so my questions are:

Were there some goodies on his corpse? Is he only guarding the golden parts? Does he actually have to be dead before you can get the parts, or could you snag them and run?
hitherebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 01:42 PM   #2
Helspanth
Quintesson

There are no itmes on him IIRC.His only purpose is to guard the golden parts.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:54 PM   #3
Sir Michael
Manshoon

Click on the coffin again to retrieve the golden arms and legs. The lich himself doesn't have any treasure.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 01:58 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

And the rod you used, it were supposed to help you defeating The Unseeing Eye, not the Shade Lich.
So now you have to go get UE without the rod. But it should still be pretty easy to take him.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 02:24 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
And the rod you used, it were supposed to help you defeating The Unseeing Eye, not the Shade Lich.
So now you have to go get UE without the rod. But it should still be pretty easy to take him.

see ya!

I believe he meant the Wand of Wonder, the one you can find in the Illithid Lair in the Sewers.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 02:38 PM   #6
hitherebobby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, it was the rod of wonder I used. I half-thought I'd turn into a cow or something.

I did use the correct rod on the Eye God, and then my Earth Elemental pal knocked his lights out. He and my other friend, Bill (Invisible Stalker) helped me kill all those Garth fellers.

I can't wait to get off work and go play more.
hitherebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 03:41 PM   #7
cloud88
Manshoon

spoiler>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
You know that sword that`s in the chest behind the lich in the gate to the city area.
That sword has the special thing calld sunray or something like that. I find this attack weary usefull against lich`s....

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: cloud88 ]

Some little angel tries to tell me that it\'s over,<br />It\'s just a bad reflection from above.<br />The load upon my shoulder makes me stronger, even bolder,<br />Oh no no, I haven\'t had enough.<br />-Heaven can wait, another fine reason to live.
cloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 07:11 AM   #8
Faceman
Hathor

The sword you're referring to is Daystar (Long Sword +2/+4 vs. evil, double damage to undead, cast Sunray once/day)