Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2001, 08:36 AM   #1
TheDutkanator

Where do I get the second part of the rift device (the rod)? I got the first part from the fanatics in the underground 'temple'. An old man told me to go down and get it and that the beholder had the other half. When I kill the beholder (after getting the first half) all I get is an amulet (+5% mag. res.).

------------------

"I'm sorry, did I kill you?"
Old 05-01-2001, 08:41 AM   #2
Lord Shield

Spoiler
I doubt you killed the right beholder since you don't meet him until AFTER you've assembled the device.
Search the room in far bottom right corner of the map
Hope your main character has over 60 HP - hee hee

Old 05-01-2001, 08:49 AM   #3
TheDutkanator

I'm sorry, which map?

------------------

Old 05-01-2001, 08:59 AM   #4
Lord Shield

The beholder lair off Ghoul-town

Old 05-01-2001, 09:05 AM   #5
TheDutkanator

Ghoul-town?

------------------

Old 05-01-2001, 09:07 AM   #6
Lord Shield

aha. After finding this piece, did you go back to the blind cultist who sent you onto it in the first place? He sends you back to the Unseeing eye cultist area. Go down stairs in that area

Old 05-01-2001, 09:12 AM   #7
TheDutkanator

He's the one that sent me down for the first piece. When I came back, he was gone. I then went to the area past the gas chamber and talked to the man who gave me the key to get into the area with the blind man (area with a tomb). He asked if I got the staff piece and I said yes, then he attacked. Where'd the blind man go?

------------------

Old 05-01-2001, 09:17 AM   #8
Lord Shield

Didn't get that. Did you kill Amaunator's avatar or something? Anybody else get this?

Old 05-01-2001, 09:25 AM   #9
TheDutkanator

Go to temple district and get approached by a priest (helm, lathandar, whatever) and he asks you to investigate the unseeing eye. go into sewers. go to upper left to enter unseeing eye area. go south, then west. see the leader and two guards. the leader gives you a key. go back towards entrance to find a locked door. unlock and enter to find a room with a tomb and a blind man(ex follower of the unseeing eye). he asks you to get the piece of rod. go down stairs and get it (to get it you have to fight a monster that can only be killed by healing it.) when you go back up stairs, the blind man is gone.

------------------

Old 05-01-2001, 09:44 AM   #10
Gd_00
Dungeon Master

he must be there near the lichs tomb, then he sents you to his friend (place where Gaal gave u the key ------ dont speak to Gaal)
Go down to ghoul town, and beholder lair
it looks as same as lair in the underdark (if u played the game before and got to ch. 5)
On the bottom left corner is a room
in the middle of the room is a second part when u pick it up, both parts combine to one and Unseeing Exe appears , use rifr device (got him to Near death) and finish him

btw. i havent used rift device i killed him without it (didnt now how to use it)