Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 05:18 PM   #1
Apof
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When Mystra was destroyed by Helm and midnight eventualy took herplace as god, what did the worshippers of Mystra now call midnight? still Mystra or Midnight ?
I did not understand that part in the avatat trilogy i read.

Apof
Old 03-08-2001, 05:21 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Apof:
When Mystra was destroyed by Helm and midnight eventualy took herplace as god, what did the worshippers of Mystra now call midnight? still Mystra or Midnight ?
I did not understand that part in the avatat trilogy i read.

Apof
HEY! could you give me a lesson here? it would help me a lot, briefly explain the Time of Troubles! thanks!

Old 03-08-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
Apof
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The time of troubles is when the gods were made mortal for stealing the tablets of fate (rules for the gods). A few gods died, Mystra, Bhaal, Bane, and I forget the others. But a mortal known as Midnight took Nystra place when Mystra was killed by Helm, And a mortal known as cyric took bane and Myrkuls (spelled wrong) place, no one took bhaals place. thereis alot more to it, i suggest buying the avatar triliogy it is so awesome.

BTW Cyric killed bhaal, badass human fighter/theif

Apof
Old 03-08-2001, 05:53 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Apof:
The time of troubles is when the gods were made mortal for stealing the tablets of fate (rules for the gods). A few gods died, Mystra, Bhaal, Bane, and I forget the others. But a mortal known as Midnight took Nystra place when Mystra was killed by Helm, And a mortal known as cyric took bane and Myrkuls (spelled wrong) place, no one took bhaals place. thereis alot more to it, i suggest buying the avatar triliogy it is so awesome.

BTW Cyric killed bhaal, badass human fighter/theif

Apof

damn, this just proved how disability those gods really are!!
Old 03-08-2001, 05:58 PM   #5
Apof
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cyric couldnt of killed bhaal he was just taking the bodys of people, i mean you could basicaly run him thru and not kill him but Cyric had a special sword that had a mind of it own, Cyric got this sword from a very slick halfing theif named Sneakabout. The sword gave power to the weilder in return the owner had to feed it, by killing others and letting the sword drain the blood of the victims. When cyric was made god i always wondered what happened to it.

Apof
Old 03-08-2001, 08:18 PM   #6
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Time of Troubles it's been awhile sinece I've read up but, Bane and Bhaal stole two tablets from the supream god AO as a punishment for this Ao forced all the gods in avatar form. Magic had un-predictable effect since mystra was in avatar form. A keeper of the celestial way was named the ever vigilant one Helm (So people tell me the old Mystra was Helm's wife???) Mystra tried to go through Helm to regain her abilities Helm Ordered her not to come any closer and he was forced to slay her as was his duty.

The killing of Mystra caused zones of dead magic in many area of the realm and Helm's preventing of the gods return forced the gods to fight amonts themselves. Many gods killed other gods in the hopes of taking their portfolio later on. Waukeen gave her porfolio to Liira in an attempt to regain her devine status. She hoped by giving her porfolio she could sneak back in with the help of outer-planar help.

Aventualy the tablets where recovered new gods such as Cyric appeared old gods had been killed or banished. Helm Lost alot of worshipers beeing seen as a cold heartless divinity (and his priest action in Mastica).

almost forgot that sword Cyric was carring was actual the god of thives Mask in Avatar form if I Rember correctly.

[This message has been edited by Strahd Von Zarovich (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-08-2001, 08:25 PM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich:

The killing of Mystra caused zones of dead magic in many area of the realm and Helm's preventing of the gods return forced the gods to fight amonts themselves. Many gods killed other gods in the hopes of taking their portfolio later on. Waukeen gave her porfolio to Liira in an attempt to regain her devine status. She hoped by giving her porfolio she could sneak back in with the help of outer-planar help.
This is the origin of the wild mage kit.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-08-2001, 08:32 PM   #8
Apof
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I went over and skimmed thru the avatar trilogy and it says nothing about that sword, it does however refer the it is a "SHE" becuase it had a mind of its own amd when it tried to control cyric buy using his addiction (as it controlled the halfing sneakabout) with its powers he fought it, he had a strong will, he then came to an agreement with the sword. The sword was pale white but after it would feed it would glow red. Would be awesome if we could get our hand on this sword in BG2:tob, it would be great for killing other children of bhaal.

On another note if bhaal for saw his death prior to the times of trouble, when did he start spreading his seed? was it before the times of trouble, becuase if so even though we are children of bhaal he is still alive, or maybe he did this right before the time of troubles and we are now groing up "after" this... we could had been very young during it.

Apof
Old 03-08-2001, 08:41 PM   #9
Hesperex

The Avatar Trilogy is a very! good series, I highly recommend is, gives a fantastic insight into the time of troubles.

Wilde Mages eh ...havent played one of those in years

------------------

Old 03-08-2001, 08:44 PM   #10
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I am prety sure I read somewhere the sword was Mask in Avatar form. He used his position with Cyric to influance him in creating the Cyranad a book thta whoever read it would belive Cyric to be the Greatest God. Cyric was stupid enghou to read his own book making him mad , Mask was almost curropted also but he freed himself from Cyric's influance at the cost of his Avatar form thus destroying the sword.

I haven't read much ad&d but I also heard that Cyric is freed from his cursed madess.