Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Smiley

By pure happenstance, I've noticed that one of my characters always seems to get "out of range" messages when fighting swamp flies. I tried getting closer, but to no avail.

Then it hit me...

The buggers were flying. And Flitter, my pixie warrior, is short. So in combat, he keeps jumping up and trying to hit the swamp flies, but they're over his head. His taller companies are hacking and thwacking, but he's just sitting there, jumping up and down and waving the sword over his head [img]smile.gif[/img]

The mental image makes me smile

On a side note, everyone except an oomphaz can wear dragon plate. Does that mean that if you played a solo oomphaz, you're toast, since you can't get past the bronze firebeast?

Just thinking...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

That is a funny image!!!

I guess a solo oomphaz would need to learn Vanish to by pass the Bronze Firebeast - or maybe they're so tough they wouldn't notice anyways!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
Law
Dungeon Master

"jumping up and down and waving the sword over his head"

I like it.

So if you actually jump when Flitter it attacking does it help?

"Tia" my solo oomphaz got past the firebeast by using Vanish. It worked just fine. I ended up right next to the lever and never triggered the fire.

She was rather upset that, even though it was a "custom" job, the dragon plate armor did not fit.

[ 01-31-2006, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Law ]
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:42 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Having Flitter jump doesn't seem to help. It's also interesting that he's not tall enough to reach some of the dungeon levers -- the one in Dragonspire seems to be particularly difficult. I have to switch to someone else.

I've never tried vanishing past the firebeast. I have seen that if I didn't have the dragon armor (or at least didn't have it on), I ran into some kind of barrier field when trying to get past it.

*what's that?*

Oh, sorry. Flitter just let me know he's mad at me for making fun of his *ahem* stature
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:00 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

You can vanish past the bronze nonsense. It works perfectly. In fact, I am never using Dragon Plate Mail in my games ...
If you do not want to vanish then you must have the mail equipped by someone of your party. Otherwise, you will meet the barrier you have spoken about. Note that having high Fire Resistance or having a custom made equivalent of the mail does not help - you must have the right Dragon Plate Mail.

Therefore, a solo omphaaz must vanish past the bronze nonsense. All other classes and races can wear Dragon Plate Mail.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:06 AM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

That is an interesting observation!

But I thought an oomphaz would also be able to wear the dragon armour!?!
Old 02-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #7
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Afraid not, bsftcs -- no exceptions to the No Armor rule.

And Bungleau, jumping will put the Pixie in range of things like Swamp Flies, but the timing is funny: He's got to swing just before hitting the top of the jump -- if he's stopped in mid-air or falling he always misses.

Just started myself a new game; writeup to follow!
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote