Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2003, 03:58 PM   #1
Maj
Drow Warrior

Hi I'm new to this board! I have a couple problems with the game... I just got it for Christmas. I am in Dragon's eye, but there are no missing villigers. Where are they? I am already at that temple place with those priests. I hope I don't have to start over.
Maj
Maj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 04:27 AM   #2
Imrahil
Elminster

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "that temple place with those priests", so if you could clarify that it might help.

With that in mind, there are villagers on both level 1 & level 2. On level 1, they are at the far southeast end of the map, where the entrance to level 2 is (although I'm guessing you have already found them - if not, correct me).

I'm going to assume you are looking for the ones on level 2 (which are somewhat hard to locate) & that you have found the area with the big pyramid (where Mother Egenia is located). If you are in the pyramid room, exit to the north & then follow the right-hand wall (for quite a while, though not all the way back to the entrance) & you will eventually come across some missing children (make sure you talk to them all).

If you haven't found the big pyramid, go to the entrance to level 2, & position yourself so that your characters are facing the wall opposite the entrance (as if you had just arrived, with the stairs to your back). Run into that wall in front of you (just to get your bearings [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Now, turn your characters to their right (your left on the screen) so that you are headed West. Follow the wall on your characters' left. You will encounter 2 dead end rooms which lead nowhere, but keep the wall on your characters' left (by circling around the room & exiting the way you came in) & you will eventually find the group of missing children.

Hope that's what you meant...

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 04:48 PM   #3
Maj
Drow Warrior

Okay sorry if I wasn't clear enough... Well, I explored both level 1 and 2 all the way, I have been in the area you described but there were no missing villagers. And there weren't any in level 1. Do you think I should start over?
Maj
Old 01-08-2003, 07:51 AM   #4
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

Something doesn't sound right. If you are absolutely sure you've explored the full levels (Make sure you can see the exit to level 3) then you may want to uninstall, reinstall, and patch.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:03 AM   #5
Grungi
Banned User

theres a known bug in the game whereby villagers disappear, i think you need to talk to them BEFORE you kill the lizard king, and theres one villager and one boy you need to talk to for the actual exp, ignore the rest.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote