Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2003, 04:31 AM   #31
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
LOL CD, did you make that typo on purpose ? I mean "nudgenude"
Old 02-10-2003, 07:28 AM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

How many people discuss their entire dating past and the good/bad aspects of most 'ex'es before the third month of dating?
Weeeelll...

I did that with Taryn during the first month of dating... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Ahem!
[/QUOTE]Precocious, aren't you? Well, in your case, she was going to be leaving to do her work, wasn't she? I imagine that added alot of intensity to the first few months you knew each other.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:58 AM   #33
MagiK

Colleen and I met on the net, and now we are working on living together...

Old 02-10-2003, 09:02 AM   #34
Borvik
Drow Warrior

I'm glad, that I met my wife in rl. If it depended on the net, I'd still be a single. She touches only her comp in order to play mahjongg (sp?). By the way... we were neighbours. This made things somewhat easier
Old 02-10-2003, 10:00 AM   #35
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

My opinion on meeting people over the net:
It's no different then penpals, just using a different medium to do it. I have to dear friends who met eachother on a online support group that I was part of. There first meeting didn't go too well, mainly because they put too much pressure on themselves for it to be perfect. BUT, they gave it another shot, and after about a year, she moved across the country to be with him. They are both so happy now, and it's so great because they were both so unhappy before. They both had low self esteem, but somehow, talking on the web and the phone, they were able to open up and feel more comfortable in their skin, so to speak, then they were in person.
As far as group meetings, one of the members of the support group decided to have a weekend get together at her house for all the members. I didn't get to go for financial reasons, but I wish I had, because every one I talked to after that had so much fun.
The couple I spoke of at the beginning of the post, they are closer to my parent's age then mine, but we still formed a great bond. We even send eachother birthday gifts. The woman makes crotched (sp?) afghans for selling, and she sent me a beautiful one for me a few years back, which I treasure just as much as if my best friend that I had met in college had given it to me.
I guess the best advice is to use your best judgement. If something seems off, or too good to be true, it probably is, but sometimes taking a chance pays off too (which is true in RL as it is on the web).
Old 02-10-2003, 04:26 PM   #36
Elif Godson
Dracolich

IMHO it is all good, to each his/her own. I myself have to my knowlege never met anyone I have chatted with online, maybe it is do to my location or maybe it is due to how I am "percieved" on the net. I know I dont come off as myself on the net mostly due to some poor typeing skills and lack of time. I can rarely express my thought's or feeling's properly in the written text I try but hey who knows if my point is ever gotten across. Plus I also have a bad habit of putting in too much info and looseing the facts or something like that. Well anyway's y'all are a great bunch of people and although I may not chat or post a lot I have a good idea of whom most of you are and your stance on a lot of subject's. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] to you all.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:30 PM   #37
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
LOL CD, did you make that typo on purpose ? I mean "nudgenude"
*launches drink over floor*
*falls over relying on computer desk to keep in a remotely upright position*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:42 AM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Quote:

How many people discuss their entire dating past and the good/bad aspects of most 'ex'es before the third month of dating?
Weeeelll...

I did that with Taryn during the first month of dating... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Ahem!
[/QUOTE]Precocious, aren't you? Well, in your case, she was going to be leaving to do her work, wasn't she? I imagine that added alot of intensity to the first few months you knew each other.
[/QUOTE]Actually...Taryn's back in Sydney!!!

My life is about to become VERY complicated again...