Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2002, 03:42 PM   #1
Nutman
Dungeon Master

Gidday,

I went into the boogre prison through the backdoor and according to Radek you can cast spells, however I found that all spells fizzle – any ideas.

Cheers
Nutman
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 08:02 PM   #2
oldmurph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

spells have a high chance of failing in the boogre prison, which offsets the additional 100 hp. Once you find the idol and revert to original races your spellcasting ability will return to normal. until then the fights will be physical. I never was much on buffing spells, so unsure if they will fizzle or not, but went in hoping I would still have some spells from the books of fire, but they refused to work as well. best you can hope for is to find some fire bombs in a chest. You will need them for the jungle lilies.
If you have a save game right before you enter the prison, load it and return to town and buy fire bombs if they have them, or the stout's dynamite.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:52 AM   #3
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

G'day Nutman,
A lot of your spells will fizzle when you are boogred. A high level spellcaster will still be able to cast enough spells to trouble the jungle lillies, just be sure to have somewhere to retreat to when they do fizzle. The jungle lillies have troubles in some smaller corridors, if you can separate them in these places you can group attack them. Just dont try & group attack more then one at a time.
& remember "THEY WILL HUNT YOU DOWN".
Old 12-26-2002, 06:12 AM   #4
Olli Kalma

They will hunt you down!
That's so very true!

It depent how high is your Sorcery skill...
It's hard to make succesfull casting, while being Boogre and have low Sorcery skill.

Also if you have trouble to kill J. Lillies, just stay away from them.
And when you have touched the Idol of Aku and get your party back in they feet,
Go and kill those Lillies, it's worth for them Experience.

When you enter into Idol room, there's two Lillies too... Just cast Firestorm etc, and close the door... Open it cast a spell, close it...

Until they are dead.

Only time when you REALLY need magic, is encountering Lillies and while healing your party. So take some Healing potions with you!
Old 01-01-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
Taski
The Magister

Strange....i haven´t got ANY probs in the prison - i casted 2 Firestorms from the floor in the plantroom and "Poof - he lit up like a torch!" [Lich in SkullCastle]

Fizzling ? What´s this ?
Old 01-02-2003, 04:46 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

ALL your spells will fail until you reach some point in the prison. Including the level 1 spells. I suspect the game that you have to hear "hee hee hee" if you want your spells reenabled. Therefore, don't worry. Continue through the prison. At one moment, you will occur near S'Keser'Da so or so. Go slowly through a passage near to her, listen to the "hee hee hee" and run away. Don't allow her to continue or you get boogreized even if you aren't in the cage. Or, perhaps, it's another trigger that will enable your spells. I don't know. My spells started to work after "hee hee hee".

Happy new year to everybody [img]smile.gif[/img]