Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 06:00 AM   #1
FlamingFist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am an assisan, I use backstab and hide in shadows allot!! But I need good eqip and some easy quests so I build my char up! I am happy of any advice! PLz aloso spoil some eqips positions that can be useful 4 a Assisan..
FlamingFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 07:38 AM   #2
dre

IMO first i need to know where you have your provinces you know the ++
and then and only then can i give you my wisdom.

you might use the equalizer
Old 03-05-2002, 07:40 AM   #3
nick pelle boersma

as an assassin you could use the shadowarmor from mae'var and if you're stealth is high enough you could use the Black armor from the black dragon scales in the Temple ruins for Umar hills job.

For weapons i need to know in which weapon you are most profincied in
Old 03-05-2002, 08:06 AM   #4
Servii
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It depends...It is not importont what prof. you have. At the end of SoA you will have enough prof. Put inicial on long swords. katanas, clubs and single weapon figh. style. You will need * on clubs because of Golems and there is very good Club(Blackblood+3+3 poison dmg) in Trademeet. I don't think Shadow Armor is good enough. In Ribald's shop you can buy better one (St.Ledder +5, im on Conf. etc) Cloack of Non-Detection is of VITAL importance!!! There is another interesting combination: Staff of Magi+Use any Item+Cloack of Non-Detection but you can't backstab with staves. My favorite armor for Thieves is "Human Flesh" with use any item if you are good char.but it is your choice wheather it worth the exp. lost from Adalon's quest.
Take as many rings of invisibility as possible. Tham hide in shadows-backstab-use ring-backstab-use the next-backstab...and don't forget there are many foe who are immune to backstab. Also the stealth-mode doesn't work with Dragons and some another monsters. And btw there is not "best combination" and to finish ToB only with Assassin on insane is...
Servii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:08 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Servii:
There is another interesting combination: Staff of Magi+Use any Item+Cloack of Non-Detection but you can't backstab with staves.

Servii: you can backstab with some staves. Unfortunately, the Staff of the Magi isn't one. You can use it to get far enough from an enemy to Hide in Shadows, though! Nonetheless, I think Quarterstaves is a better skill than Clubs. You'll find staves which insta-kill golems and each of the three elemental types (though you'll need Use Any Item to use the anti-golem staff) -- and since your Assassin isn't going to have a warrior's ability to handle a fair fight, you'll need every instakill you can get!

Flaming Fist: my two favorite armors for Assassins are Aeger's Hide (prevents confusion, elemental damage reduction) and The Night's Gift +5 (leather armor, AC 2, +20% Hide in Shadows). The former can be bought from Ribald, the latter can be won in the Umar Hills. Boots of Speed are a must, get them on the quest that begins in the basement of the Five Flagons Inn. Do you have ToB? If so, go to Watcher's Keep and do the top level, and you'll get one of the best Scimitars in the game. (Watcher's Keep isn't exactly an easy quest ... unless you have lots of trap skill and a taste for cheese, you may want to leave it for later.) Gloves of Pickpocketing are very handy: they can be found on a trapped table in one of the back rooms of the Copper Coronet. In a different back room, on a quest that you'll get in that very same inn, you'll find the Tungian Bow. It's a short bow that grants you an extra shot per round. Very useful in conjunction with poison! There is a +2 long sword (but +4 to damage) in a tomb in the graveyard district.

Non-worn items of use: the Horn of Valhala can be found upstairs in an empty house in the Bridge District. It summons a warrior to fight for you. It can be upgraded. There are both a Pale Green Ioun Stone and a Spider Figurine in the catacombs under the Graveyard District... you'll like both of them.

I never made the Human Skin Armor... it sounds sweet, but my evil parties never seem to get that far.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:22 PM   #6
FlamingFist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My prof is
* Daggers
* Shortswords
* Shortbow
* Singel weaponstyle

Is an assisan a bad choice of a main char?
FlamingFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:46 PM   #7
Eledenil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm playing a solo assassin, nwith proficiency in long sword, katana, short bow and darts. I'm having some problems in Irenicus' dungeon with detecting and desativatin traps. With 50 points in find traps there asre some that seem to be impossible to detect and others to disarm. Is it open locks or find traps which is used for disarming traps? I can never remember, I put 70 into open locks thinking it was also for traps..damn, now I'm kind of stuck
Eledenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:48 PM   #8
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingFist:
My prof is
* Daggers
* Shortswords
* Shortbow
* Singel weaponstyle

Is an assisan a bad choice of a main char?

The Assassin is a very cool class. It's tough to play in the beginning -- I recommend you take Imoen with you through the first dungeon -- but the skill-point resource is so limited that you enjoy leveling up even to very high levels.

Your weapon selection is fine, but in my experience Long Swords are the best backstabbing weapon early, and either Scimitars or Katanas are the best later on.

Poisoned Throwing Daggers are good, as are Darts of Wounding, but neither are as good as Arrows of Biting: so short bow is a very good choice.

Single Weapon Style is awesome. Double Critical Hits means more critical hits when you backstab -- there's no better feeling than seeing both at the same time

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 05:13 PM   #9
Servii
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nifft, thanks for the remark! You are right. I should say "you can't backstab with 2-handed weapons". The Rods are in q.staff group but they are 1-handed, so you can do it! Unfortunately...imagine backstab with Staff of the Ram [img]smile.gif[/img] ))
And 1 more word: Thieves(Assassins & company) are very good for Main Char. There isn't a good thief in the game. Really sorry for Yoshimo and his "...tourists like this" He is good one!Imoen and Nalia both are terrible thieves. Yan is interesting but he is too slow in "levels-climbing" (multiclass)
Human Flesh is leather armor AC 3/20% MR/Bonus +4 to all Saves and something else. can't rem.
Servii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 08:53 PM   #10
Kmazi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

if q. staves can backstab then an awesome one would be, THE STAFF OF STRIKING- Damage:1d6+9 Speed Factor: 1 (sadly everytime you make an attack it consumes a charge). But it would be best kept in the reserves. As for armor try the nights gift +5 (which you can get pretty early in the game i might add). Boots of speed, boots of stealth, ring of lockpicks... these are just a few... (and i haven't even payed as a theif kit yet).
*Stats*<br />Kmazi- lvl 17 Sorcerer 66 Hp -2 Ac<br />Str- 18<br />Dex- 15<br />Con- 15<br />Int- 15<br />Wis- 10<br />Car- 09<br />Most Powerful Foes Defeated- Thaxll\'ssillyia, Nizidramanii\'yt, and Firkraag<br />Favorite Spells-<br />Level 1- Magic Missile<br />Level 2- Mirror Image <br />Level 3- Ghost Armor<br />Level 4- Stone Skin<br />Level 5- Shadow Door<br />Level 6- Spell Deflection<br />Level 7- Finger of Death/ Mordenkainen\'s Sword<br />Level 8- Abi-Dalzim\'s Horrid Wilting/ Spiralcrum<p>\"Death Comes To Those Who Go Against The Followers Of Kmaz Lord Of All Dragons\"
Kmazi is offline   Reply With Quote