Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2002, 03:23 AM   #141
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You picked your way carefully, finding support from the cliffs on the sides. Two tall shadows closed in. Some of you (Skye, Robin) quickly made out them to be watchtowers, and others suspected so.

The lightless corridor concealed you well from prying eyes.

OOC:
Ferji, PM

[ 10-15-2002, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:45 AM   #142
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ferji

"Wow! Neat place, this," Ferji said.
With his size, he didn't think the passage nearly as confining as the others. He had a feeling he'd have to do more than watch tough, as he could sense the presence of some evil. He turned to Robin, a confident man the halfling could really look up to.

"But, ehr, I think there's something bad waiting for us down there. Uhm, why don't you all stand back, and let me face the peril? Not that I'm saying you can't face it, but, well, it's my duty..."

The paladin started the first few steps towards the structures in the distance, then halted and turned to face the others.

"Well? How about it?"
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 08:56 PM   #143
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The Captive

Slack leather shirt and loose leather pants, covered with broken threads and holes, he looked like a beggar. More, holed sleeves hang by the elbows, and his skinny frame did nothing to impress you otherwise. His face was covered in dirt, and an old gray bandana bond his head serving as a hat. Only his transparently green (like ocean) eyes spoke youth and intelligence.

He chuclked softly, and his voice sounded strangely musical in the deep dark, "Evil erh? Any sane man woulda smelled them from Waterdeep. Wha else do ye expect, Misters? 'Hello, welcome strangers'? Ye are at Zhents' territory now, didn't ye know? I wager the lil o' orc sold us, n cannot say I am surprised how easy ye fell for that!"

You heard a few amused giggles, as his small, dark form vanished before your eyes. And the voice continued, even though you could not discern the source.

"And ye think this be neat place eh? if ye liked to get squished all by yeself, then I for one is not against it! By the way, thanks for helping me earlier, my name is Elith, have a good day!"

Then the voice ended, and the captive was gone.

Robin, Sennid

You caught no trace of Elith's escape. It seemed that he just simply disappeared. What do you all do now?

OOC:
an announcement. the Ornery One is busy these days, so I will play her character as an NPC until she gets back.

and Skye, PM

[ 10-15-2002, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-15-2002, 09:51 PM   #144
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- 250, pm back. tho' I'm going to go ahead and post anyways, cuz I'm impatient. ^^

Skye

Skye gave the others a worried look. "I think we should go find him before something happens to Elith," she informed the others. "I don't think it is safe for him to be wandering alone in his condition, since he was just captive, and also because of our present location." Her mind wandered back to the rather sweet smell that her keen elven senses had picked up off the captive. He was rather feminine for a male... a real "pretty boy." she smirked in her head. She may even like him, not that she'd admit that to anyone else. It would be a shame for something to happen to him. "Anyone agree with me? Perhaps Grumm can help us find him."
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 10:03 PM   #145
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:
PM back. Go for it.

So, Ferji wants to go bash the evils alone, whats you all's reponds? and Skye wants to go find Elith. I suppose the two do not contradict, since you have only one way: onward!

[ 10-15-2002, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-16-2002, 07:00 AM   #146
Legolas
Jack Burton

OOC: Not exactly, Ferji doesn't want to face the evil alone, but he believes a paladin should try to protect others as best he can. At the moment, he thinks he'll be protecting the rest of the party best by trying to clear a way for them, or distracting any attention away from them. It's not the same as bloodlust
Old 10-16-2002, 07:18 AM   #147
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:
ok. I think our latest delay blew Sennid and Robin away. wake up, you both!

Ferji, as you stepped further, you felt a hand grabbing you clumsily on the shoulder. Then Grumm whispered in a hoarse voice, his smelly breath came up your nostrils, "Wait! Grumm go inform the boss?" his yellow eyes darted carefully about the group, and Grumm explained, "He no like surprises. Grumm go told him, then Grumm come back?"

You heard no noise in the distance, not even Skye, or Sennid's keen sense of hearing picked up any sound other than the quiet whistling of the winds. The orc shuffled uneasely, waiting for the group's responds.

[ 10-16-2002, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-16-2002, 09:03 AM   #148
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

OOC: Examinations are coming soon, so my posting may become sporadic. I will try to keep up though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Robin Clym

"It would be unwise to blindly stumble after Elith. We know nothing of this cavern and if we are caught wandering around without proper permission, trouble will be a mild description of what we will find ourselves in. I say we go with the flow for now and continue with the original plan, which is to see Grumm's boss. Ferji, I appreciate your offer, but let us all march forward abreast."
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 10:44 PM   #149
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: well, looks like you dont want Grumm to go first.

Everyone

You proceeded to the towers. Openned up before you was a small valley, hugged by surrounding mountains. Asides from the two flanking towers, you spotted several lamps lining up before you on what appeared to be a wall.

As soon as you stepped out of the corridor's shadows, a bell rung sharply from the tower, in the distance another one returned the ringing, then more bells joint the chorus from all around the valley.

A rope ladder was pulled up and strapped securely by the tower's platform, it would be difficult to climb from the four wooden supporting legs. You saw no one in the dark tower, but you clearly heard the pulled strings bending wooden shaft.

Finally the ringings died down, and several dark forms manned the wall. The front gate grated open, and a large figure stepped through, treading each step mixed with a metalic ringing. He towered over 7 ft with broad shoulder. A rough dark-red furred cloak hang loosely, and one side of his scale armor's shoulder piece stuck out from beneath the cloak. Light from the wall darkened his frontal visage, you could, however, sense his piercing eyes going through each one of you. It stopped at Grumm, who recoiled at the gaze. There was an awful silence.

Ferji

You could swear you felt the eyes upon you a little longer than on others.

[ 10-17-2002, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-17-2002, 06:37 AM   #150
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ferji

"Psst, Grumm, aren't you going to introduce us," Ferji asked.

The silence was answer enough, so after a slight hesitation he spoke himself.

"Uh, good day to you, sir, or ma'am, ehr..."

The feeling of a special interest made him almost as uncomfortable as the sheer size of this person and the strange conditions under which they met. Nonetheless, his teachers went through great pains to teach him polite and fitting behaviour, and not without success.

"I am Ferji, paladin in the service of Kelevmor, pleasure to meet you. Oh, and these are my travelling companions. May I... uhm, might I have the honour of knowing your name?"

When the figure turned his gaze on him, Ferji couldn't help but take a step back though.