Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2002, 11:30 AM   #111
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

OOC: Ack, I read it as howls from far, far away. Guess sleep deprievation is affecting me.
Robin Clym

"Oh... but wait."

Turning around to face the captive again, Robin queried him, "Those howls, should we be concerned about them?"
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:13 PM   #112
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

OOC - Starting to feel silly calling myself that. Skydracgrrl, I had the same problem logging in. Try using microsoft internet explorer.
IC - Mysterious Former Captive
"I'd be more than concerned. Even the orcs seemed afraid of the things that are out there at night. As for your missing friend..."the captive sighed, "Best to pray to whichever gods you pay homage to. That said, I believe it best to make this fire a little larger and keep plenty of fuel close by. And we should sleep in shifts, just in case the fire doesn't keep everything at bay."
The former captive set to work picking up scattered pieces of firewood, never leaving the light of the fire and keeping a watchful eye out.
The Ornery One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 10:28 PM   #113
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: so I take it as you want to leave your friend out there and let her take her chance?

Robin, do you still want to go out looking for skye? Sennid, Ferji, what do you do?

[ 09-30-2002, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:37 AM   #114
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

OOC: Robin is a Ranger, and I hinted that he had a crush on Skye in the first few posts. What do you think he will want to do? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Robin Clym

"No. I am afraid I cannot allow myself to do that. She is my friend and friends do not abandon each other. Sennid, Skye is your friend too, I am sure you want to seek her out as well right? Ferji, you are a Paladin, Paladins help those in need. I say we go out there and find her, dangers be damn, we will fight anything that gets in our way."

Taking a deep but measured breath, Robin looked into the captive's eyes and continued, "Please, come with us. You will stand a better chance in a party than staying out here all alone."

That said, Robin began to walk out of the camp again, carrying one of the burning pieces of wood...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 05:48 PM   #115
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

Mysterious Former Captive
The former captive looked up from wood gathering and glanced at the small group. "You're a better person than most I've met. If your friend is anything like you, then I'll be glad to help. I just hope our torches are bright enough and our weapons powerful enough if they are needed. Give me a minute to find the weapons the orcs took from me."
Old 10-01-2002, 11:26 PM   #116
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You don't have a minute... danger increases with every passing seconds. You found the orc's long sword, barely suitable, and a pair of small dagger.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:34 PM   #117
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

OOC - Who all has infravision and what are the others' weapons?
Old 10-01-2002, 11:56 PM   #118
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:
Robin: Pinewood Staff, Long bow
Sennid: Katana
Ferji: Long sword used as two handed sword (the Shines), weak infravision
Skye: Bastard sword, infravision

and you can cast Infravision as a sorceress spell

[ 10-01-2002, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-02-2002, 12:04 PM   #119
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Sennid Isdotter

Sennid looked at the stranger, she wondered ho he was and how he had gotten her in the first place, but she guessed it would be revealed later.
She put her sword back in its sheath on her back and reached down to pick up a burning piece of wood.
She then walked up beside Robin and said;
"Well Robin, I will go with you. When it comes to hunting down people, there's no better hunter then me. Trust me"
With that said she smirked and turned to the others, "You coming?"

OOC: Welcome aboard TOE [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 02:26 AM   #120
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The prisoner shook his head, refusing to leave the camp. Having no time to deal with the orc, the party set out immediately. As you entered the dark realm, all shadows fled around you. Torch light jumped ahead, and strange shapes danced just out of the sight. You heard several faintly whines ahead, sometimes high, sometimes low, and never consistent.

Soon, you heard a feminine shriek, filled with terror. Fearing the worst, you hastily proceeded and found the bard soaked in fear. (OOC: Skye, I will leave the description of Skye's reaction to you) As the party came closer, you smelt a thick stench of sweetness, as well as the dense smell of blood that hang in the air.

Scanning around, you spotted a body through the dim torch lit just a few feet away. Piles of broken grass scattered around the tormented torso. The orc’s facial features distorted grossly, and gapped mouth wailed a silent scream. One bloodied arm was bent into a weird direction and sunk into the earth, where the hand used to attach was replaced by a mess of dirt, gore and bones. The other arm appeared to be trying to grab the horrid wounds on its guts, and it stopped in the mid air rigidly. The guts were ripped open with some of its inside pulled out, yellowish slimy liquors soaked the mess.

Sennid, Robin, you tried to hold your breath, but you could no longer do that once you set your eyes on the corpse. The thick suffocating stench was overwhelming, and you vomited uncontrollably.

[ 10-03-2002, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]