Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 11:31 PM   #1
Shadowheart
Dungeon Master

As far as I know, at the time, creating new clans is kinda prohibited, right?
Old 11-25-2002, 10:06 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

that is corect, there are numerous clans already in existance however, the OHF is not open for membership, Keldorns order is effectively dead except for a few die-hard members who still have it in their sig's, the HADB IIRC is still taking memberships, as is the ORT, if you RP any kind of spellcaster to include high level paladins or rangers you can join the OOM, I'm not sure if the GOTH (Guild of the Honorable) is still open or not, there are also several others, like the ALSB (not sure of their status)
Old 11-25-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
Talthus
The Magister

hmm, ok well is there any chance that in the near future a new clan could be started for one reason or another? Like if the other clans which are dead or quickly dying don't pick up soon, they will be shut down or something along those lines? and approximately how many clans are there at the moment, and why are they not allowed to be created if there are a few members of the forum who really wish to create one collectively?
<br /><br />&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br /><br /><i>The gate of tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness in the depths of the earth. So even if I go to hell, I will live to the end<br />of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands. For there is no meaning if the end does not <br />come. Why, you ask? Simply because In this world, there are many like me who have killed their emotions. The only difference between me and <br />them is that I have the reaper one step behind me...and the will to cause such a tragedy...</i><br /><br />&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br /><br />-- The Order of Vier\'Tahl --
Old 11-25-2002, 10:28 AM   #4
Shadowheart
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the info, I'll take the open clans into consideration

Btw... Do you know what's wrong with my sig? lol. I've got it [img] URL [/img] but it's not really working...

Yeah. That's what I was wondering too Talthus. I don't see the harm in a new clan, I don't see many of them active as it is. But rules are rules [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-25-2002, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Shadowheart ]
Old 11-25-2002, 12:54 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
[img] img.ranchoweb.com/images/laisrean/assamite.jpg [/img]
I see you found the error! Great, now I need you to shrink it's size a little. You are currently doing a 260x243. The limit is 155x225, in whatever order. Thanks.

About the clans. We were so turned off to clans that we said "enough"...and allowed only they current ones to exist. Another member asked for a clan a few weeks ago, and we told her no, but that clans did not have to exist to create a good game or story. However, you are correct...we do not have alot of active clans nowadays. A list of them can be found in that thread I created with all those links. Some of the clans are in the running game directory.

If you will allow me a day or two....let me talk with Cloudbringer and Ziroc...and see what they feel about clans creations. I will let you know what I find out. It isn't only my decision...so I will see how everybody feels, and what we can tolerate. Truth be told...clans were beginning to become a bother about a year ago. Five people would want to start a clan based on elven lore, but none of them could get along, nor coexist. Alot of inter-clan wars resulted in our hatred for clans. If we knew that this would not happen again...and that people would not fight about clans...we might be able to help out. Lemme see.

[ 11-25-2002, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 11-25-2002, 02:01 PM   #6
Shadowheart
Dungeon Master

Ill shrink it down in a few, after reformatting I don't have many of the programs I had before... but I can get Talthus to do it for me lol. Thanks for talking to the OPs/MODs about new clans

EDIT: Sig is up, I think?

[ 11-25-2002, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Shadowheart ]
Old 11-25-2002, 05:09 PM   #7
Talthus
The Magister

alright, thanks alot Larry I appreciate it. It's no rush or anything so if you don't have the time right now then don't worry about it.
<br /><br />&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br /><br /><i>The gate of tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness in the depths of the earth. So even if I go to hell, I will live to the end<br />of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands. For there is no meaning if the end does not <br />come. Why, you ask? Simply because In this world, there are many like me who have killed their emotions. The only difference between me and <br />them is that I have the reaper one step behind me...and the will to cause such a tragedy...</i><br /><br />&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br /><br />-- The Order of Vier\'Tahl --
Old 11-26-2002, 12:18 AM   #8
Shadowheart
Dungeon Master

Since the clan is obviously going into consideration Talthus, I guess it's time to do a little planning eh? ^_^

We'll talk about it on AIM. Not sure what kinda clan we should start... Something new and original, Magic seems to be covered by Secretmaster and Montravant, Rangers by Legolas(I think?), and other things of the sort. You have anything in mind? And of course if anyone else has an idea, IM me via AIM: RealityxFilter(for those too lazy to look in my profile) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2002, 12:24 AM   #9
Talthus
The Magister

hmm, indeed I do have some ideas but as you said, I'll speak to you on aim a.s.a.p.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:13 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I gotta close this now, as it is not a story/clan/game...and can be discussed in AIM or MSN.

[ 11-26-2002, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Closed Thread