Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2001, 04:20 PM   #1
Lucre
Elminster

Has anyone noticed this board is geetting to be like a chatroom,with slight hints of BG2?
Anywho, to join in anyway

Is anyone else here a MOSHER? (or am i the only one?)
Old 02-03-2001, 04:24 PM   #2
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

My husband and son are... does that count?

About the chatroom quality of the board ... one thought I had is that this is more like a BG2 fan club, having many related & unrelated conversations, with some people really bonding. It's interesting to watch IMHO.
Old 02-03-2001, 04:24 PM   #3
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Mosher?
Th problem with the board is that every single question i can think off is already asked and to be found in the search option
We seldon get new questions and if we do we already have the answer within a day
Old 02-03-2001, 04:25 PM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

I was just saying the same thing to my husband not 5 minutes ago. With a big smile !
Why, don't you like that ?

And, what the hell is a MOSHER ?
Old 02-03-2001, 04:27 PM   #5
Moiraine
Anubis

I was referring to the original post.
Old 02-03-2001, 04:32 PM   #6
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Yes and No. As long as the BG2 questions get answered, I don't think there is a problem with off-topic discussions, per se. I was a bit confused about the genocide topic (I didn't see where this thread originated from the game or the people on the board -- it came out of nowhere), but I do like the "What alignment are you?" topics as they attempt to explore the people behind the posts.

I do feel bad when a BG2 question goes by for a while or so without a reply. But on the other hand, when questions get answered, they are usually answered thoroughly.

I also like the fact that no matter how many times someone asks the same question (How do I kill a dragon?), no one says, "Go look it up." Instead most respond with something like, "In my earlier post I said . . . " and then they go on to answer the question again.

I came to this board to get game support and I still find it. The information on this board has been and still is better than any walkthrough or guide.

So is the board getting "way of topic?" My answer is no. Let's just try to remember that there are those who need help, are lost, confused, stuck at a spot in the game that they just can't pass. I think the game and an interest in gaming is what brings us together. I don't see that common bond being broken or undermined by discussing some broader interests.

"No man is an island."
Old 02-05-2001, 03:12 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think it's fine, off topic is how everyone gets to know each other better, just remember when you see a BG2 related post and you know the answer, please don't ignore it! Help all newbies out. Then, these newbies will become oldies, hopefully feel less intimidated, and they will start to join in off topic.

What drew us all here in the first place was that it was a place to get answers. What keeps us here is the off-topic, social threads so that is VERY important.

To alleviate confusion, in the new board Ziroc will have an off topic forum as well so that people who want to post any topic at all (also known as spamming ) can post there too!! This will minimize the issue of BG2 questions from freefalling in the main board. Also people will have less fear of joining in nonsense threads because it's all nonsense and fun! Plus we really get to know each other better and it doesn't intimidate anybody because it's...well...off topic!!

It's a great way to pass the day, until 5 pm rolls around and you wonder where the day went and why you still have so much work
Old 02-05-2001, 03:31 AM   #8
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

since good old memnoch explained his statement throughly... i have nothin more to say..
Old 02-05-2001, 10:16 PM   #9
Larry

I believe that we (the ones who have defeated the game many times, and are now pros at it) are waiting around in here, answering questions, and killing time until the expansion comes out. Then, we will get back to the origional intentions of board. It beats having the newbies lose our help, if we left because we finished BGII, and have nothing else to say about it.

Old 02-05-2001, 10:20 PM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yup.....definitely agree with Larry.