Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2000, 01:06 PM   #1
ingulf the mad

i was told there was a gold edition to bg2, i have been to every software shop in my area and all i get is blank looks!
It all started when i was told that u could get a sheild of spell reflection ( getting fed up with saving before attacking gauths!! ) from a char called deidre in the adventures mart. NOT there, so i queried this and was told there was a gold edition. i have downloaded both patches and still no deidre. I have looked on puiblishers site no mention of gold edition. Is there anywhere i can download this edition from??? or have i been on a wild goose chase??

Old 12-29-2000, 01:57 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

There is no "gold" edition.

What happened is as follows. There was a pre-release edition of BG2 that had a bonus CD. This CD had one of the 2 extra merchants. (which one I don't now.) There was also a Collector's Edition of BG2 that was available in some stores. This version had a CD that had the other extra merchant.

Both of the merchants are actually in the version of the game that you already have, except that you cannot gain access to them without having some thing from these bonus CDs to unlock them.

The files from both CDs are available on the web, although exactly where I don't know at the moment. I'd try starting at the Ironworks site http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/baldursgate2

There's also a BG2 web ring that I'd suggest looking into. No doubt someone on that ring has links to the files.
Old 12-29-2000, 02:26 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

Go to ...

http://www.bgdungeon.com/bg2/downloads.htm

The Bonus CD can be downloaded from this page.