Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Papa Schlumpf
Manshoon

It has been announced quite some time ago, but they've finally set a date!

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/28/co...-panel-report/

Futurama is back, and now we know in what form. The show will return on November 27th as a full-length high-def film sold on DVD. It will be followed by three additional films, and each film will be divided into four episodes each to be aired on Comedy Central. So, that's 4 DVD movies or 16 new episodes depending on how you look at it.
The panel featured the show's creator Matt Groening and the vocal cast. In the most highly entertaining Comic-Con panel to date, the cast read aloud a promotional comic book created for the convention. The experience was on the meta- side. The case read the comic, which was projected on the screen. The comic satirized the Fox network's decision to cancel Futurama and the ultimate triumph of the nerds in the room whose mighty power brought it back. In the comic, the characters all go to a massive Delivery Services-Con in Space Diego. I'll see if I can't scan the comic and put it online for those of you interested when I return from the Comic-Con.

The remainder of the panel featured the voice cast being generally endearing. John DiMaggio, the voice of Bender, explained that his voice is a combination of Slim Pickins in Blazing Saddles, a drunk and a college creation of his called Charlie, the sausage king. Billy West, the voice of Fry and half a dozen other characters on the show, shared his love of Yiddish and vaudeville performers and his friendship with Phil Hartman -- all of which influence his characters' voices.

No other real revelations came out of the panel, but I can tell you that the first DVD - Bender's Big Score - centers around some nudist aliens and the secret to time travel which is somehow attached to Fry's buttock. Expect lots of animated asses actually. Welcome back, Futurama.
Papa Schlumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

This is good news! Futurama is right up there as one of my favourite shows!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
Papa Schlumpf
Manshoon

It's also a lot better than the last, oh, 10 years of the Simpsons or so. Really looking forward to this! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Papa Schlumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
Thoran
Galvatron

I can see it now... Mat talking to the idiots who cancelled them 5 years ago:

"Sorry Matt but we're cancelling Futurama"

"YEA?, well we're going to make our own DVD's, with HOOKERS, and BLACKJACK... in fact, forget the dvd's and the blackjack!"

[ 08-01-2007, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:55 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Default Re: Futurama finally coming back!

I was always cool on futurama in it's first few years but now whenever I catch the reruns on tv I find it one of the best shows. Anyone else slow to catch on to this?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
Thoran
Galvatron

I liked it from the beginning... but I know what you mean. I thought Firefly was a stupid idea when it came out. By the time I realized it was one of the best Sci-Fi series ever it was already gone.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I think the timing was wrong on it's release is all. I thought it was hilarious from the start, genius writing in it, like the simpson's, but there seemed to be so many other shows on at the time, I guess it got a bit lost.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Futurama reminds me of the Simpsons. Nice to watch at first but after sometimes, it gets more and more boring.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote