Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
nightshift001
The Magister

ok i have the 3 disc original saga which has the whole game tosc included in a 3 disc set.....the problem is every time i defeat you know who.....the game ends and i am not transported to ulgoths beard......ive tried the mconvert in the bg directory on all save games still no good......any help would be appreciated
ns
nightshift001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:21 PM   #2
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I was under the impression that you simply had to load the save labelled "final save..."

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 04:03 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Winning the final battle of the game kinda.....ends the game.

To see Ulgoth's Beard, you can either load the custom Save file that appears when you install ToSC, or load your Final-Save, go back out through the Undercity, Thieves' Maze, and BG City, then make your way to the eastern side of the bridge leading to BG City, and then head North.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:27 AM   #4
nightshift001
The Magister

six of spades....
thanks .....i used to have bg on dvd and totsc on a separate disc and im sure that after i defeated sarevok i was transported to ulgoths beard.....cant remember for sure tho it was ages ago ive just started playing bg ......again!
new pc and that kind of thing .....thanks for the advice....
ns
nightshift001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:16 AM   #5
DBear
Drow Warrior

TotSC is an add-IN. You have to do the Ulgoth's Beard quests BEFORE the big showdown.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:41 AM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I'm pretty sure the only time you have to wait till after beating Saervok to get the Ulgoth's beard was with the BGT mod, but I'm not sure as I haven't kept myself up to date on that particular mod.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:38 AM   #7
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Yes you do with bgt, as once Sarevok is done Belt (if he's still alive) tells you that there have been some troubles in a place called Ulgoths Beard to the North, and you can go and investigate if you wish.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:26 AM   #8
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

Ulgoths Beard is way better part of the add on than Durlags Tower... uff
Old 07-26-2004, 06:31 AM   #9
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Be careful what you're saying. Ulgoths Beard is just the place, with the few meagre houses and small group of people that live their. If that's what you were meaning then fine, but just remember that the Ice cave, and the Island, are not parts of Ulgoths Beard, just like Durlags isn't.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:36 AM   #10
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

what I meant was the part with the Werwolf Island, sorry... anyway I still hate Durlags Tower