Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2002, 12:16 PM   #1
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Okay, here's the problem. I inadvertently hit that ~ key and the debug commands appeared. I realized what they were, didn't want to "cheat", so I somehow got them closed WITHOUT making ANY changes to my character. I didn't enter ANY command commands. NADA. I did NOT change my .ini file to activate the debug mode so I do not know HOW they even appeared. Now I read that "using" the debug mode will tag my character as "Illegal". ARRRGH

So here are my questions -

(1) Since I didn't actually edit anything is my character still tagged as "Illegal"? How can I tell?

(2) Is there any way OTHER than backtracking to correct this problem?

(3) Will reverting to an earlier save correct the problem? Or has the .ini file somehow been altered and THAT needs to be changed as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 01:05 PM   #2
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Probably loading a save game before you hit the ~ button will fix it...dont see why it wouldnt. Thats a very strange bug anyhow
Old 07-10-2002, 02:18 PM   #3
Aurican
Elminster

You have a few options.

First, if you have the saved game, go back and restore it.

Second, if you open up your nwnplayer.ini file and the command line that says "Single Player Enforce Legal Characters=1" change the "1" to "0" and your character will no longer be illegal whether you have changed them or not.
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 02:37 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Aurican:
You have a few options.

Second, if you open up your nwnplayer.ini file and the command line that says "Single Player Enforce Legal Characters=1" change the "1" to "0" and your character will no longer be illegal whether you have changed them or not.
Aurican, Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the .ini fix simply a way to bypass the legal character restrictions in the single player game IF my character has been tagged as illegal? If I want to continue to use that same character in a mplayer module, and the mod enforces legal characters, aren't I hosed?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 07-10-2002, 02:41 PM   #5
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Aurican:
You have a few options.

Aurican, Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the .ini fix simply a way to bypass the legal character restrictions in the single player game IF my character has been tagged as illegal? If I want to continue to use that same character in a mplayer module, and the mod enforces legal characters, aren't I hosed?[/QUOTE]
If it were "easy" to untag an illegal character there wouldnt be much point in having the tag in the first place. Saved game is your only bet. However, just hitting the ~ key doesn't tag your character...I have done it a hundred times myself. As long as you do not enable the debug mode you arecool.
Old 07-10-2002, 02:54 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Magik,

LOL Good point. If by enabling the debug mode, you are referring to actually altering stats, gold, hacking in items using the console or by changing the .ini file to activate the debug codes, then I should be okay since I haven't done either. The mere fact that they appeared at ALL is worrisome though, since I thought the ONLY way they would appear is if the Debug mode = 1 tag was set in the .ini file.

Old 07-10-2002, 04:06 PM   #7
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Magik,

LOL Good point. If by enabling the debug mode, you are referring to actually altering stats, gold, hacking in items using the console or by changing the .ini file to activate the debug codes, then I should be okay since I haven't done either. The mere fact that they appeared at ALL is worrisome though, since I thought the ONLY way they would appear is if the Debug mode = 1 tag was set in the .ini file.

Well if you got the debug menu something is sure fouled up I have accidently hit the ~ key many many times in the heat of battle looking for F1 [img]smile.gif[/img] but I never got a menu, just a cursor and a place to type...hitting ~ again always sems to get rid of it.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:43 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer

Did you have the mini overhead map up at the time?? That's where the commands appeared.

Old 07-10-2002, 06:52 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Update:

Tech support says that as long as the codes were NOT USED, and the DEBUG line does NOT appear in the .ini file I should be okay. Problem solved for now. lol

Old 07-10-2002, 09:14 PM   #10
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i hit the ~ key all the time its just an accident considering it is right above the tab key which you use to highlight possible items on the ground. i just hit enter or escape and it gets right out.will tell you wrong function or something then just go away.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote