Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2002, 04:43 PM   #1
gothmog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Playing a pure chaotic good dwarven fighter (role play reasons) think I'm level 7 (or 8) no problems so far, finished docks/peninsula and beggars nest. Currently using the priest. but was thinking about changing, but to who? Any suggestions? Are all henchmen at the "blades" or temple?
gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 04:53 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Linu... shes the best, if only because shes elven [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] my prejudices are sshowing again... hmm, why not take along ANOTHER fighter, then you'd be almost unstopable... that orc/half orc fellow...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:04 PM   #3
gothmog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like Linu as well, she's elven and pretty [img]smile.gif[/img]
What more can you ask. If I was going to ditch here, it would have to be for a mage/ranger/druid/etc type not another fighter. Gimli Gloin Son packs quite a punch on his own. "Never toss a dwarf". [img]smile.gif[/img]
gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 09:45 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

if you want a good fighter try that crazy monk, since monks are god in bg2 it should be in NWN also.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 10:10 PM   #5
Deathcow
Elminster

My wizard uses Grimgnaw. For a fighter, I would suggest the cleric, the rogue, the wizard, or the sorceror. You don't really need another tank...

Edit: called Tomi a thief, not a rogue [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-08-2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Deathcow ]
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 10:29 PM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I like to try him out.. Grimnaw or something but Sharwyn's a pretty good Henchman too. She can pick locks, cast spells and uses of course her bard song... she also uses long ranged weapons... she sucks in melee though [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 10:30 PM   #7
AndyG
Elminster

I'm a little frustrated with the henchpeople. It seems you need to take Tomi, or else you miss out on a great deal of treasure and even some areas. The other skills have been replaced, healing is not needed due to the abundance of potions, wizards don't really need fighters because they can summon creatures from level 1, but there's no cheap fix for disarming traps/opening locks. The brute force method works, but not until later you get some decent magical weapons, plus a few dozen hps.

My ranger has used Linu. She seems pretty weak in chapter 2, but she does well in chapter 1. Plus, I like her stories and her personality.

Daelan is cool as well, and a nasty fighter.

I haven't tried the other three. I've used Sharwyn a little, but with opening locks but no disarming traps, she's only marginally useful.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 11:39 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I used Tomi all the way through Chapter 1, since my Open Locks skill was quite low at the start and I didn't want to miss out on any treasure (I'm currently a Rgr5/Bbn1/Rog1 at the start of Chap. 2). I picked a level of Rogue because I wanted to max out some Open Lock and Disable Traps skills so I wouldn't need him, but I've found he's actually not bad in combat, as long as the main focus is on me he can keep sneak attacking. I haven't tried any of the rest yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 12:33 AM   #9
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

as my rogue i had linu the whole way; she sucks in combat except versus undead; granted her healing ability does help a little, but it seems if she attracts the attention of anything then shes dead all too soon. Her amulet was rather weak for my character since my dexterity was already very high i had no need of her necklace.

as my orc i hired gnimshaw and he is most incredably powerful; tho surely no where near the equal of my orc he could handle himself in a fight admirably and can heal himself to boot, plus his quest necklace gift thing is very powerful in that it gives 4 consitution and immunited to level/ability drain as well as 10 spell resist.

oh, P.S.

if you have no rogue in your group you arent banned as it were from certain treasure chests or doors. all you have to do is equip yourself with a weapon that can do elemental damage or be brawnful enough to hit incredably hard (improved power attack helps here) i can smash open any door or chest with a plain old weapon; except of course those doors or chests which you couldnt lock pick (there are many "complex" doors that cant be picked or smashed or spelled open)

[ 07-09-2002, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Gabrielles blades ]
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 02:42 AM   #10
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i use red tiger cause he makes a great tank player and doesnt necessarily die when he runs into combat. he can also take the most damage and makes him a better target for the enemy to work on while i get them from behind. he also gets cleave and other great abilities as he progresses in lvl.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote