Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2003, 05:48 PM   #1
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Ok, I play SoA frequently, and it's a great game, so recently I decided to go back to the original game, complete it, and export a character onto SoA. Well, ToSC doesn't load up when I click "Play". I have the 3 TOSC discs and, from before that, I have 4/5 disks for the really original first-released game, which is why I just don't play that. Both ToSC and the original are installed. Can anybody help me with my problem?
Old 06-12-2003, 03:26 AM   #2
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

You should only have the 3 disks with TotSC installed. Those disks contains both the original BG1, the TotSC expansion and the latest patch.

Try to uninstall the original 5 disk version (you might have to uninstall and reinstall the 3 CD version as well).

Hope this helps

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 06-12-2003, 06:12 PM   #3
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Well, I tried that, and it doesn't work. See, I have both installed, but when I try uninstalling the original and then playing ToSC it doesn't work. When I press "Play" when only ToSC is installed, it just doesn't play. When I try to uninstall the original when ToSC is installed, it still doesn't work, and when I try to uninstall ToSC it says "Could not find install directory" or something like that. I think it recognizes both games as the same thing, and when I uninstall 1 it always uninstalls the original, not ToSC. When I try to uninstall that it gives me the message. So, you see my dilema?
Old 06-12-2003, 06:28 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Unistall one, delete the other, install in a new directory.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:08 PM   #5
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

How do I delete 1 as opposed to uninstalling it?
Old 06-12-2003, 11:55 PM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Dadams if the idea of remove just one is too confusing try just removing everything BG1 and reinstalling only the 3 disk + ToSC or the 5 disk + ToSC.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 05:29 AM   #7
andrewas
Harper

GO into my computer>c drive>program files>black isle and delete whichever version you cant uninstall.