Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2003, 03:56 PM   #1
Jan

2 x heal and 2 x slow poison = bad. Give me something I can use.
Old 01-26-2003, 04:21 PM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Play an evil char. You'll get offensive abilities.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:15 PM   #3
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

They're quite useful Jan. None of them are spectacular, no matter what your alignment may be. The heals and slow poisons have saved my characters more times than I care to remember.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:20 PM   #4
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

It's great getting Horror and Larloch's Minor Drain though. They're both useful offensive spells, and just a good bit of fun if you're, uh, magically challenged by the limitations of your class.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:58 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Minor drain suck. Why would I care about 1-4 hit points?
Old 01-26-2003, 07:21 PM   #6
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I just tend to think that anything offensive owns anything defensive. There's always some boring healer in the party, like Jaheira or Branwen, so I just can't get excited about any kind of spell that they can cast. Red spells suggest fire, destruction, and general havoc. Much sexier
Old 01-27-2003, 02:36 AM   #7
Jan

Heal and slow poison are pretty weak abilities if you ask me. Hey I can buy a few portions and they'll do the trick.

Something more powerful would be nice. You are the child of a powerful god and then you get these abilities. Naa I'm not satisfied.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:06 AM   #8
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

If you are a melee fighter, I guess that you will be more satisfied with the next two special abilities you get. I use the same spell on a fighter/cleric and he makes good use of it at the front line.

Insane
Old 01-27-2003, 05:40 AM   #9
Jan

Sounds cool. However, I'm playing as a thief/mage.

Please don't spoil me. I wanna find out myself. Well I allready have an idea of what it is. Nevermind.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:23 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Minor drain suck. Why would I care about 1-4 hit points?
Well, how about....because you can fire it at an enemy Mage and guarantee that his spell will fail, while siphoning off a decent percentage of his HP? Not to mention that Larloch's can get you OVER your maximum hitpoints. (Not by much, but hey, it's nice.)

The Cure Light Wounds will cast much faster as a Special Ability than as a spell. So in the thick of battle, you can heal your Tank with it, whereas if you tried to actually stand there and cast it, he'd be dead before you got halfway through.

It's always good to have TWO people who know Slow Poison. What do you do if it's your Priest who gets Poisoned? As soon as she tries to cast Slow Poison, she takes Poison damage and her spell gets disrupted. Major pain.