Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2002, 10:42 AM   #1
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I was taking my sorc through the bridge district one rainy night, when i couldn't help but notice that door (you know the one, next to the entrance to the elemental lich, protected by the disintegrate trap and the message that says "this is dark, you would be foolish to enter" or something). Out of boredom/curiousity i went up and clicked on that door and, to my pleasant surprise, i am presented with a save game screen and whisked off to another plane where i wreak a little havoc and come back with a tasty little staff for my trouble.

My question is this: Is there anywhere else in Soa/ToB where a rogue stone, or something similar, is used to gain access to an area? If not for the fact that i just happened to have a rogue stone in my possession at the time, i would still be thinking that it was just another message from the designers to cover up a doorway/stairway/passage that they didn't have time to put something on the other side. It pisses me off that I had walked past there a hundred times and the only clue to there being anything more than a dark space was a single line in the RS description stating that it is used in the gem jump spell.

sorry for the long winded sentences. this has got me worked up.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 11:01 AM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

No.

There are many doors which requires various keys, obviously, but these keys are either found in the area nearby, or given to you by one of the characters.
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 06:06 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
It pisses me off that I had walked past there a hundred times and the only clue to there being anything more than a dark space was a single line in the RS description stating that it is used in the gem jump spell.
BioWare had originally intended for the Skinner Murders/Slave Ship/Slave Lords/Twisted Rune to be very interconnected, but due to time constraints they were unable to write in all the connecting plot threads.

If you install the BaldurDash Fixpack, however, it fills in a few of the missing pieces. If you go to the Guarded Compund and kill the Slave Lords, Koshi will drop a special Rogue Stone, which cannot be sold. Right-click on the Stone to examine it, and its Item Description reads, "I am in the Bridge District of Athkatla. Why [sic] kind of tricks are you playing on me?"
Old 11-21-2002, 04:11 AM   #4
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So there is a clue. I have Balderdash but have not been into the compound since its installation. Might have to check it out. Cheers.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote